• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Trouble with Blade Runner Collectors blu-ray disc

kragan

Hi All,

I have the Blade Runner Collectors edition which is a multi disc set including several versions of the film. I have not been able to import disc #3 which happens to contain the following versions:
US Theatrical Cut (1982)
International Theatrical Cut (1982)
Directors Cut (1992)

I've tried importing the disc on both of my vaults and also my m500, but haven't had any success (always get the error: "Problem reading disc "). I've had a few discs in the past that I had trouble importing, but by retrying on a different Kscape component the process has usually been successful. In the few times where it hasn't been successful I've found the disc in question to also have trouble on my other non Kscape players, so was able to pin the problem to something wrong with the disc. I've tried disc #3 from this set on one of my non Kscape players and everything seems fine playing it back.

The disc looks to be in great physical shape, but I suppose there could still be an underlying problem that's not readily visible to my eyes. I'm considering looking to purchase another copy of the collectors set to try getting these versions of the film imported into my system (as far as I can tell, these versions of the film aren't in the Kscape store). However, before I set out to repurchase another copy of the discs, I figured I would check whether anyone else also has this collectors set and was able to get this disc to import I would hate to repurchase and still have the same problem. Appreciate if anyone else who has this set of discs could chime in with their experience.

Thanks,
Ken

I'm not sure if we have the same set, but I do have a 5-disc set (I think it's 3 Blu-ray Discs and 2 DVDs?) which was imported on my Premiere system before I replaced it with a downloaded version.

Thanks Mike, I gave it another try this evening after posting and the import worked fine. Go figure.. I'm not sure why it failed the first 5 times I tried, but it appears the tech gods finally took pity on me :)

Back