• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Trinnov Altitude

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Hey @telem - saw this on the networking discussion but didn't want to derail that conversation there, so starting a new thread here.
I will be spending a long weekend(as Monday is holiday here) installing everything, plus two more subwoofers and 5 more speakers taking advantage of the +8 new channels in my Altitude).
Wow... that's some system. Curious what made you go up to the Altitude32 from the 16? Are you actually planning to use more than 16 speakers, or was there some other advantage of the 32 for you? (other than having the biggest badass controller possible!)
Are you using a couple Amplitude 8 or 8m? Thoughts?
Any pics of your theater and equipment rack??! Dying to see that beautiful Trinnov setup!

Hi Josh,

Never had the 16. I bought the 32, back in 2014 most probably the first that was sold in Switzerland s/n#00x. Arnaud D came from Paris for the installation. They had warned me that it's still an early release and that I will be facing some issues but in exchange for my "beta testing" I would get all the codecs for free and they also committed to replace the HDMI board for free when the 2.0 would be out. They kept their promise and I believe that also helped a lot with bugs and other issues. Trinnov's customer service is the best I have ever dealt with, followed by Lumagen and K obviously.

Late last year I was having some issues with the motherboard so I sent the Altitude back to Paris. To my surprise they replaced the old motherboard with the latest one for free and since the unit was there I took the opportunityadd one more module to bring the available channels to 24. I have already added 2 speakers(between the surround and the rear surround) and I will soon add two more + my old center channel Wisdom Audio P6 (above the LCR speakers) and two Velodyne subwoofers. I will go from a 9.1.6 to 11.3.9. Do I really need them? No. But I have all these items in storage and truth to be told it is very difficult to sell them so why not use them.

I have two Amplitude 8(manufactured by ATI). They sound great and they also have the DB25 connectors so 16 XLR cables less... Really good fit with the Wisdom Audio speakers that I use. I have now added one Bryston 9B SST2 amp that I also have to power these additional 5 speakers.

I am currently doing some changes in my room so no new pictures to send you. At some point it was showcased in K's page(2017 I believe), I am attaching the picture. It's a relatively simple room, with my wife's WAF being very low had to compromise for some general use as well. Sound and picture are fantastic though(I believe).
Lumagen and Sony were calibrated by Gordon Fraser(highly recommended!! right @Ahmad78 ?) and the Altitude by Alexandre Garcia(who now works for Trinnov). With these additional speakers and subwoofers, I will have him soon here again.
The racks(I have two) look nothing close to the ones I see in pictures. I change equipment very often so cabling is a mess! But I will send you as well or post here.

Hope that I have answered to your questions, I would also like to see other members' HT rooms and equipment.

Kostas

Attachments

• IMG_3716.jpeg
    IMG_3716.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 96
that's an amazing story and writeup, and a stunning theater... with a 11.3.9 setup, you're definitely using all of what the Altitude 24 can do! Really cool.
Thanks for sharing... and will be eager to see how the re-done theater looks/sounds when finished!

-josh

Hi Josh,

Never had the 16. I bought the 32, back in 2014 most probably the first that was sold in Switzerland s/n#00x. Arnaud D came from Paris for the installation. They had warned me that it's still an early release and that I will be facing some issues but in exchange for my "beta testing" I would get all the codecs for free and they also committed to replace the HDMI board for free when the 2.0 would be out. They kept their promise and I believe that also helped a lot with bugs and other issues. Trinnov's customer service is the best I have ever dealt with, followed by Lumagen and K obviously.

Late last year I was having some issues with the motherboard so I sent the Altitude back to Paris. To my surprise they replaced the old motherboard with the latest one for free and since the unit was there I took the opportunityadd one more module to bring the available channels to 24. I have already added 2 speakers(between the surround and the rear surround) and I will soon add two more + my old center channel Wisdom Audio P6 (above the LCR speakers) and two Velodyne subwoofers. I will go from a 9.1.6 to 11.3.9. Do I really need them? No. But I have all these items in storage and truth to be told it is very difficult to sell them so why not use them.

I have two Amplitude 8(manufactured by ATI). They sound great and they also have the DB25 connectors so 16 XLR cables less... Really good fit with the Wisdom Audio speakers that I use. I have now added one Bryston 9B SST2 amp that I also have to power these additional 5 speakers.

I am currently doing some changes in my room so no new pictures to send you. At some point it was showcased in K's page(2017 I believe), I am attaching the picture. It's a relatively simple room, with my wife's WAF being very low had to compromise for some general use as well. Sound and picture are fantastic though(I believe).
Lumagen and Sony were calibrated by Gordon Fraser(highly recommended!! right @Ahmad78 ?) and the Altitude by Alexandre Garcia(who now works for Trinnov). With these additional speakers and subwoofers, I will have him soon here again.
The racks(I have two) look nothing close to the ones I see in pictures. I change equipment very often so cabling is a mess! But I will send you as well or post here.

Hope that I have answered to your questions, I would also like to see other members' HT rooms and equipment.

Kostas

Absolutely right Bro Gordon is a great guy and so professional he just update my LUT1 to 12 bit I respect him and like his work

Great room and great speakers wisdom is one of my think for next upgrade not soon for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree regarding the Trinnov (I've got the 32, currently at 24), and judging by the number we've sold, it's a very popular piece in high-end these days, although I also think the Datasat RS20i is an excellent processor at the same level.

Nice theater K!!

Jim

I also think the Datasat RS20i is an excellent processor at the same level.
I thought the Altitude32 is like twice the price of the RS20i... is this not correct or maybe no longer the case?
For me personally, I'm guessing the Altitude16 is more than I'd need for a long time. And I'm resisting even considering that as that will start a cascade of spending on more/new speakers.

Last edited:
I thought the Altitude32 is like twice the price of the RS20i... is this not correct or maybe no longer the case?
For me personally, I'm guessing the Altitude16 is more than I'd need for a long time. And I'm resisting even considering that as that will start a cascade of spending on more/new speakers.

Not twice the price, but certainly more expensive. My comment about "same level" was referring to capabilities, performance, and being at the high end in Processors.

Jim

Not twice the price, but certainly more expensive. My comment about "same level" was referring to capabilities, performance, and being at the high end in Processors.

Jim

Cannot judge the Datasat's performance but one major difference is that the Trinnov has a unique software-based platform, easily upgradable and most importantly requires no hardware change when adding new capabilities(except for the HDMI board maybe, but it was very easy to swap).

Kostas

I own the altitude 32-16 was conceder to upgrade to 24 mostly for subs but as I told 1 ch and do the 4 way trick and it will be batter so I am toward to redesign the room and speakers placement and add more 3 seat then will see

But I got mine since 2016 and still up to date with single click only the hdmi board it take only 10 min to replace and every works like swiss watch

Agree, the Altitude 32 has some unique features, and their easy upgrades is a plus as well. I'm very satisfied with my 32, don't plan to change anytime soon.

Jim

Another very happy Gordon customer here, he’s the reason why I ended up putting a Lumagen in the living room as well. Would never be without it now. Proper top dude. I should be seeing him in a few weeks when I swap out my Epson PJ for a Sony, so will let him know he’s got his own fan club developing on here 😂

Another very happy Gordon customer here, he’s the reason why I ended up putting a Lumagen in the living room as well. Would never be without it now. Proper top dude. I should be seeing him in a few weeks when I swap out my Epson PJ for a Sony, so will let him know he’s got his own fan club developing on here 😂

Another one for the Gordon "fan club" (y)

What PJ are you changing to?

Important to have the right person when it comes to Lumagen, assuming you want to maximize its contribution to your system. Most hobbyists can get it setup and working, but you've got to go a little deeper in the settings to reach its full potential. Obviously Gordon has that ability.

Jim

Super knowledgable, helpful, blatantly knows his stuff and super friendly to boot. Top drawer!

@steelman1991 Put in a Sony VPL-VW760ES... OMG it’s another level again from the Epson- and that was decent. The PJ upgrade, swapping the sub for a Paradigm and swapping out the stereo and AV amps for Anthem really was something else... borderline emotional when I use it now; simply in awe 🤓😁

Nice. I've currently got a JVCN7 and while delighted with it's performance I'm burning through the hours at an alarming rate and had been keeping an eye on the "laser" PJ's. Did you buy local?

As here is good place for this topic after trinnov lunch the 4.2.16 FW And my post also related to our beloved K-scape I found when I was look to the new objects viewer that any K- atmos have a Dynamics :11 and for same content in disc has a Dynamics :15 is there are any found for similar thing and dose that matter much ?

What about other owners of altitude what do you think and found in ur observations?

Make the thread in active little bit

Back