• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Transferring bootleg concerts from YouTube

thedude

Hey all,

The primary use for my K system is for music concerts. I've bought just about every DVD of bands I like at this point. I've found numerous pro-shot or sound board recordings of concerts on YouTube that you can't get on DVD.

What's my best bet in transferring these to my K system? The only way I can think to do it is to burn to DVD, then import. Is there a way to import directly without having to burn to disc?

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Nice idea, I think the only method is to burn a disc like you suggest. To my knowledge, the only way to get media onto your K system is either via disc or via the K Store

This is correct, there are only four ways to get content into a Server.

1. By physical disc importing (CD's, DVD, BR). (Premiere systems)
2. Download from the K Store.
3. Buying pre-installed content from K.
4. Replication (one server to another).

Jim

Thanks all! I figured as much. That's ok, it's not too bad of a process for the end result of having it :)

Back