• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Transfer content from Premiere to Encore

crizz

Current system is a Premiere with grandfathered 1U server and M700 vault.

My collection includes DVD Discs, Blu Ray Discs, and downloaded Movie Store content.

We are moving to a new home, and in the process of preparing my existing Premiere system for sale.

I expect to purchase a Strato for our new home, and would like to figure out the most efficient way to maintain as much of my content as I can.

There will likely be a time lapse between the sale of my Premiere system and the purchase of the Encore, so migrating one to the other at the same time wont be possible.

Will my catalogue of existing content be available for download or disc-to-digital purchase when I register the new Strato with my KScape account?

Thanks for any advice,
Eric

Your DVD and Blu-ray imports will not move to Strato or Terra in any way. Your store downloads can be re downloaded to a Strato or Terra or up to 5 systems. You can convert your discs to digital at a cost per title. Your current system should give you the disc to digital options except upgrade to 4K until you add a Strato.

Now I have a question to you. You have listed a 1U server and a M700 a while back then you changed the listing to SOLD. Is this a second set or that sale fell through?

Substance did a good job answering, and I'll add the following. If you do not complete the purchase of a D2D or Digital Offer, before you sell the Premiere system, then the only way to accomplish this when you repurchase a Kaleidescape system in the future is by using the cataloging process for your physical discs.

Jim

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, this is the same system. Another forum member has purchased it, but I am awaiting a shipping box from KScape to ship it out.

It occurred to me that I would not be able to have any of my disc content once this system is gone.

Is the cataloging process different than just inserting the discs in the vault and having them show up in my menu?

I do see the disc-to-digital options, but its pretty cumbersome to go to each title individually. Additionally, it appears that it makes you re-download the content after you purchase each individual title. I was hoping I could just do this on the new system if it remembered what blu rays I had in my current collectionl

Again, thank you for the help.

Eric

Is the cataloging process different than just inserting the discs in the vault and having them show up in my menu?

I do see the disc-to-digital options, but its pretty cumbersome to go to each title individually. Additionally, it appears that it makes you re-download the content after you purchase each individual title. I was hoping I could just do this on the new system if it remembered what blu rays I had in my current collectionl

I've attached some information regarding cataloging, it does a better job explaining cataloging than I can....

HOW DO I CATALOG A MOVIE OR TV SERIES?​

Cataloging is a feature of kOS 6.0.0 or later, and may be able to be performed from a player with an optical drive, a disc server or a disc vault depending on the capabilities of your system.

NOTE: The behavior described in this article applies to systems purchased from Kaleidescape after November 30th, 2014, unless otherwise noted.

Strato Systems

Any Blu-ray disc or DVD can be cataloged from Kaleidescape Alto or a Kaleidescape Disc Server. Strato systems do not import discs.

Cataloging from Kaleidescape Alto

Insert a Blu-ray disc or DVD into the slot of Kaleidescape Alto, and then press the Catalog button.

User-added image

Once identified, the movie is cataloged and added to your library where it appears alongside titles downloaded from the Kaleidescape Movie Store.

A disc in the slot of a player can also be cataloged from the on-screen user interface without cataloging it. Insert a Blu-ray disc or DVD and wait for the Disc in Player screen to appear (do not press the Catalog button).

User-added image

Select Catalog DVD (or Catalog Blu-ray disc), and the movie is cataloged and added to your library where it appears along side titles downloaded from the Kaleidescape Movie Store.

Cataloging from a Kaleidescape Disc Server

When a Blu-ray disc or DVD is inserted into a Kaleidescape Disc Server, the movie is automatically cataloged and added to your library where it appears along side titles downloaded from the Kaleidescape Movie Store.

Premiere Systems and Cinema One

Depending on the capabilities of your system, Blu-ray discs and DVDs can be cataloged from a player with in an optical drive or a disc vault so that they can appear in the on-screen user interface, just like content downloaded from the Kaleidescape Movie Store or imported from disc. The ability to catalog discs depends on the type of media, the date of purchase of the system from Kaleidescape, whether a disc vault is present in the system, and whether the amended service agreement to enable downloads of Disney content from the Kaleidescape Movie Store has been accepted (in territories where the Movie Store is supported).

Cataloging from a player

Insert a disc into the tray, or slot of a player, and then press the Catalog/Import button.

User-added image

If the disc is a Blu-ray disc, it is cataloged if your system does not include a disc vault. If your system includes a disc vault, the Blu-ray disc is imported. If the disc is a CSS-protected DVD, it is cataloged. If your system was purchased from Kaleidescape before November 30th, 2014, all Blu-ray discs and DVDs (whether protected or not) are imported.

Regardless of the purchase date, if the amended service agreement to enable downloads of Disney content from the Kaleidescape Movie Store has been accepted, your system no longer supports the import of Disney Blu-ray discs and DVDs. A Disney Blu-ray disc or DVD inserted into a player is cataloged.

A disc in the tray, or slot of a player can also be cataloged from the on-screen user interface without cataloging or importing it. After the disc is inserted, wait a moment for the Disc in Player screen to appear (do not press the Catalog/Import button).

User-added image

Select Catalog Blu-ray disc (or Catalog DVD). If your system was purchased from Kaleidescape before November 30th, 2014, only Blu-ray discs can be cataloged from the tray or slot of a player in this manner (in systems that do not contain a disc vault).

Cataloging from a disc vault

When a Blu-ray disc is inserted into a disc vault it is automatically imported. When a CSS-protected DVD is inserted into a disc vault, it is automatically cataloged. If your system was purchased from Kaleidescape before November 30th, 2014, all Blu-ray discs and all DVDs (whether protected or not) are imported.

Regardless of the purchase date, if the amended service agreement to enable downloads of Disney content from the Kaleidescape Movie Store has been accepted, your system no longer supports the import of Disney Blu-ray discs and DVDs. Any Disney Blu-ray disc or DVD inserted into a disc vault is cataloged.

Hope that helps!

Jim

Jim,
Thank you so much for sending that.

In some places in that document it refers to “importing” and other times it refers to “cataloging”.

I believe my system was purchased prior to the cutoff date mentioned, but it’s confusing to understand if I have in fact “cataloged” my titles. They appear in my library, both on the OSD and in my online account. I still have a couple questions.
Will they remain there when I link a new Strato to my account?
Do I need to do Disc to Digital prior to wiping this existing system?

If you only have a M700 player, you cannot catalog discs - it will only import them to the server. You would need either a M500 player or DV700 to catalog. Once you have a Strato, you could take advantage of Jim’s (@cinelife) generous offer to send around Alto’s so forum members can catalog their discs (as long as the offer doesn’t expire before you get the new system.

John

if I purchased the disc to digital option prior to unregistering my current system, would those titles then be available with the new one? I assume I can stop the download without it affecting the status of the title in my account?

You guys have been very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to help me understand.

Yes, a d2d title purchased your current system would be available for Download on the new system.

John

I do see the disc-to-digital options, but its pretty cumbersome to go to each title individually. Additionally, it appears that it makes you re-download the content after you purchase each individual title

Eric, I noticed this line in your posting. Are you looking at the disc-to-digital options in the onscreen display?

Another option is to go to your movie store account (in your web browser) and choose Manage -> Disc to Digital. This will show you all of the Disc-to-Digital offers available to you. You can even click the "Buy All" button to see a bulk-purchase interface which will let you choose which quality you want to buy for each movie. You can also make the purchase, but elect not to download any of the movies now, instead waiting until you get your new system.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 6.43.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 6.43.30 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Back