• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Top Viewed K'scape Content

jmdls

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Hey, everyone! Kaleidescape shared some pretty interesting metadata with me -- top imported and viewed content -- that I thought you might find interesting.
Here's the link:

http://johnsciacca.webs.com/apps/blog/show/13412090-we-re-not-so-different-you-and-i-

Also, there's this (stupid, don't even care about, why even bother) AV popularity contest thingy that I'm in. It runs till March 30. If you've enjoyed any of my blog posts of K'scape reviews, love for you to "vote" for me. Here's a link about the contest:

http://johnsciacca.webs.com/apps/blog/show/13370737-it-kinda-is-a-popularity-contest-

And here is where you can go to vote (which is done by sharing on Twitter or Facebook):

http://www.customretailer.net/artic...hn-sciaccas-12-things-i-know-about-blogging/1

Thanks,
John

Wow, lookit all the stuff not in my collection... honestly surprised at that. Even more so than just how overpowering the kiddie demographic is in viewing. Strong showing, sure, but dang.
I mean, my G-V doesn?t fuel itself! Harumpf!
Well, that's what you get for buying the base model. The extra mil really evens out over the years of not having to hire someone to do it for you.
Dear, George Lucas. On behalf of Kaleidescape owners everywhere, I'd like to say thank you for your first 3 movies -- aka "the original trilogy," aka "the actual Star Wars movies" aka "the good ones" -- by showing you that we have all dutifully added them to our collections.
Unless they demonstrate those are somehow pre-hack-n-slash, I want an asterisk.

Three things about the kiddie demographic representation:

1. People tend to use the TV as a babysitter. Not making a judgement call on that - just an observation.

2. Kids can watch the same movie over and over a lot more than parents can. Also, they will start a movie and then go play after 5 minutes but let the TV just keep on playing so they don't actually "watch" the movie and then don't get so tired of seeing it again and again.

3. Parents of multiple kids often have issues where they don't agree on what film to watch and it is quite easy to let each child watch their own film on two different TV sets.

Back