• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Titles Removed From K-Store??

K-Addicted

Why would K remove titles from the K-Store? I noticed a movie from my wishlist is no longer present and searching for it comes up with nothing. How often does this happen?

From time to time, rights for a particular movie may be sold/transferred from one distributor to another. If we don't have an agreement with the new distributor, the title will no longer be offered for sale. Or, we could have agreements with both, but there's a gap between one company notifying us that they no longer offer the title, and the new company adding it.

We have also temporarily removed titles in the past when we found a technical issue. Once corrected, the title returns.

And, lastly, there are sometimes "exclusive" periods where a title is removed from all electronic-sale retailers because it's exclusive to (say) a premium cable channel. Once the exclusivity period ends, the title returns to electronic sale.

All of these issues except the technical issue case I mentioned affect new sales. If you had already purchased such a title, it would still show up on the Movie Store for you, and would still be downloadable.

Which title went missing for you? I would be happy to check on it.

Mike, I think he had it on his "Wishlist," don't think it was purchased, so based on your comment it wouldn't be in his Store account.

Jim

From time to time, rights for a particular movie may be sold/transferred from one distributor to another. If we don't have an agreement with the new distributor, the title will no longer be offered for sale. Or, we could have agreements with both, but there's a gap between one company notifying us that they no longer offer the title, and the new company adding it.

Hi Mike,

Following Fox’s merger with Disney, are the Fox movies in the store going to be transferred under Disney?

I know that the movie Life which I purchased and shows up in my library no longer seems to be in the store..... SJ

Regarding telem's question above, I might be misunderstanding the question, but I believe the concern regarding Fox and Disney relates to the Disney "Opt-in" requirement. As we know, Disney, and studios they own (i.e. Marvel, Pixar, etc.) can only be downloaded to Premiere systems that have opted-in to the agreement that restricts future disc based importing to Premiere servers in exchange for the ability to download Disney owned content from the Store.

So the implied question seems to be: Is Fox content in the Store, now that it will be a Disney owned company, only available to Premiere systems that have opted-in? (I assume if it is already owned, that content will remain available, including the ability to download those titles at anytime in the future.)

Jim

Thanks for the response Mike! The title was Santa Clause with Dudley Moore.

I checked with our team, and this is one of those cases where the title is no longer offered by the licensor. It may return at some point in the future.

Noooo, such a great movie - one of my favourites from my childhood. I presume if you already purchased it, it is still available to download? If it was UV, would it still show in your library? <hurries off to check he purchased it or not>

Noooo, such a great movie - one of my favourites from my childhood. I presume if you already purchased it, it is still available to download? If it was UV, would it still show in your library? <hurries off to check he purchased it or not>

If you have already purchased the movie, it will still be viewable in the "My Movies" collection and will still be downloadable.

Yep, it's still there. Might make it Christmas tonight then :)

Last edited:
Back