• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Titles no longer working

AdamGT3

I have just noticed that I have a number of titles greyed out (as if the Bluray is not in the vault) but they are store downloads that I have paid for including Gravity as an example (which was disc to digital).

Going to the store the version I have downloaded is no longer available but surely it should still work on my system as I have paid for it?

Is there a current issue - not happy as I cannot play content I have paid for.

I have just checked and there are 18 titles that I have downloaded that I can no longer play including (but not listen all of them):

The Amazing Spiderman 2
Argo
Arthur Christmas
Despicable Me 2
Gravity
Jason bourne
Jurassic World
Man of Steel
Secret Life of Pets....

Anyone else seen this?

This could a case of needing to re-link to your UV library. That's the first thing I would check.

I don't have any issues with the titles you listed.

John

Do you mean the K library/ server?

I would try restarting all your components including servers. If that doesn't work, I would call Kaleidescape. Another thought is delete the movies from your server and re download them. The store should know you paid for them. But I think before deleting things, I would suggest calling Kaleidescape.

I have just checked and there are 18 titles that I have downloaded that I can no longer play including (but not listen all of them):

The Amazing Spiderman 2
Argo
Arthur Christmas
Despicable Me 2
Gravity
Jason bourne
Jurassic World
Man of Steel
Secret Life of Pets....

Anyone else seen this?

I had this happen to me with Underworld. In the case of Underworld, when they introduced the HDR version, it was a different version (theatrical vs unrated) from the blu-ray version, which I previously was able to download from my UV library. When they introduced the HDR version, poof, my UV rights went away and it showed up as a grayed out title and wouldn't play.

So, not sure if it's related to a change like that, or if as some others have said, your UV library isn't properly linked anymore.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but i recently saw the same effect. Is there anyway to easily spot the greyed out movies other than wizzing throught the menu screen?

Ta
Chris

That's pretty much the best way. We don't believe anyone should have downloaded titles showing up as unplayable due to the UV disconnection at this point, but if you saw a dimmed title recently it's possible that it's due to another cause. I would recommend that you contact our support team so that they can investigate.

Thanks - in the end it was only one title - Assaination Nation. Starting with an 'A' it was right at the top so I assumed there were loads. Thanksfully not. I just bought the HDR version to fix it.

Chris

Back