• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

This is what K should be considering

carajo

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
http://www.vudu.com/index.html

I would not mind having 5-10,000 movies displayed on the k interface.

The only thing this box is missing besides the GUI of K is it needs a larger hard drive. I like the idea of browsing several thousand titles and click to rent or buy.

Im not too sure about the rental thing but just the ablity to download the movies from within the GUI is what is missing from the K

I agree. (and I know that the Kaleidescape execs know about Vudu - a little birdie told me they may have even met at CEDIA).

Fingers crossed - that really would be a great combination. But it's a longshot - Kaleidescape would be a prestigious but low-volume partner for Vudu... and engineering resources are very tight at companies like this. Bigger partnerships with CE companies, telcos, MSOs beckon and Boards of Directors and Execs of VC-backed companies understandably head that way. Trust me on that...
;)

but we can hope...

no 480p I think.

I am still kinda shocked that K is watching the VOD world pass them by without their own offering. DirecTV is also currently beta testing a VOD service over broadband that delivers HD as well as SD content. The thing I can't figure out is that this was, used to be, I guess, K's strategic vision. The whole K platform was originally supposed to be a stepping stone towards DVD downloads. Of course now, you'd have to support HD downloads.

ps. Vudu's system currently only sends SD movies, at 2Mb/s. HD is a future promise.

I love to collect movies, so the movie disk, packaging, etc. means something to me. That said, I have no interest in one of these vod systems until it can equal or better the quality of hddvd or bluray.

Im not so sure the Vudu system will take hold because while there is a demand for VOD- since you already get this with cable and possibly sat. I think the Vudu target audience is likely to wonder why should they spend any money on the box. Where as with K, if you have a big DVD collection, the K system is geared at enhancing that investment you've already made. With Vudu, you cannot do anything with your existing DVDs.

I'd like to see K setup either VOD or even a hard drive based distribution where they better the image quality of HDDVD/BRD- but for a whole lot of reasons I am sure this is just gonna be wishful thinking by me.

Hmmm, like pre-loaded x.y.color (DeepColor) HD movies, outputted in a new player's HDMI 1.3 connection? Wouldn't that be sweet. Of course you'd need a projector that could handle it.

I would go a step further and specify not just deep color encodes but also anamorphic 2.35 material so those (albeit few) of us with 2.35 setups could actually get 1080 lines of vertical info. Or even better a resolution in excess of 1920x1080. This is purely fantasy by me, but since we are dreaming... :D

Back