• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

PROBLEM DISC: The Secret life of pets Blue ray

Radders

loaded disc into m700 and imported to server, no disc info available so added manually. when I try to play the disc it briefly shows "universal" logo and then just a black screen.

I have swapped the disc with the retailer and its the same with the replacement so it must be a Kaleidescape issue, any ideas?

purchase this for my kids and they have been asking when they can watch it for two days! :rolleyes:

I am a little confused on this. As far as I know "The Secret Life of Pets" will not be available until Dec. 6th. I think this true for all regions but at least for US and Europe.

Is the title of the movie correct?

John

Last edited:
Yep, I missed Belgium and U.K. is showing it released on Nov. 14th. I was sure U.K. was Dec. 6th release last time I checked.

John

No, it doesn't. I am assuming that this title is not bookmarked and when you try to play it you are starting with "Play Disc" .and then going through the menus to play the movie. Is this correct?

John

I don't know anything about this disc, but it might be trying to access the network (some Blu-ray discs do this, for example, to provide current movie trailers). If your player is set to allow network access for Blu-ray, try turning that off (or, if it's off already, try turning it on).

This setting is found on the Browser Interface, on the Network tab of each player's settings.

(The setting only affects discs played with "Play Disc", by the way.)

just to update, kaleidescape got back to me last week and informed me that the disc had now been added to their database. all is good, kids now watching it daily,.

Back