• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

The Kaleidescape store and 2 K systems

Jerry D

I have recently added a second K system to my K store account and something odd has happened. Instead of having 30+ options to upgrade from DVD to BR quality, I now have only one. If I now want to upgrade I have to pay full price, apart from the one DVD quality title which had UV rights attached.

Has anyone else noticed this? Have I missed something obvious to fix this??
Thanks

J

There are some anomalies in the Canadian store as well. I have the movie 'Seven' in standard definition and the store recognizes this but it wants 17.99 to upgrade to HD. Not sure why. I did notice that there were some movies that I had in Bluray and the store wanted full price to go discless. It took me a while to understand that the listing was for the extended version of the same movie which carries the retail habit of a double dip to get the new version. I guess I cant really complain as its consistant with studio past behaviour.

Peter

Only movies that are UV - enabled are eligible for upgrade pricing. If you look at the store detail page for titles that are still showing the full price, odds are that you will find that they do not include a UV copy.

Only movies that are UV - enabled are eligible for upgrade pricing. If you look at the store detail page for titles that are still showing the full price, odds are that you will find that they do not include a UV copy.

I'm confused.

When I finally gained access to the K Store I upgraded all the SD movies in my library that were eligible to HD (5.99).

Then I upgraded all the movies from my library that were Bluray to HD diskless and UV where appropriate. (1.99)

when I go to the Store front I can see the total number of movies for sale with those movies I already own with a flag indicating either SD or HD. One of the first movies on the first page is a movie (Seven) that the system knows is a SD that I own and I am offered an upgrade to go HD but the cost is 17.99. I am assuming it is a mistake. In some cases I have observed that some movies that are an extended version also ask for full price but I believe that is a fair solution as we all find ourselves caught in the double dip cycle.

Peter

I'm confused.
... Snip...
One of the first movies on the first page is a movie (Seven) that the system knows is a SD that I own and I am offered an upgrade to go HD but the cost is 17.99. I am assuming it is a mistake.

It is not a mistake. The movie "Seven" being sold on the Kaleidescape Store does not include an UltraViolet copy so even though you own an SD copy, there is no upgrade pricing available for that title. The $17.99 price you see is the full purchase price.

The grey or blue checkmarks on the cover art in the store do not necessarily indicate an upgrade offer. They simply indicate that you already own some version of that movie. Movies that qualify for the $5.99 or $1.99 upgrade pricing will have the word "Upgrade" on the purchase button and will also appear in one of the two Upgrade collections under the "Your Library" menu.

Interesting.
So this clearly has nothing to do with my adding a second system and everything to do with the store changing the terms on which upgrades are offered.
Thanks for your help.

Back