• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

The Hunger Games

profpatel

I just imported the new BluRay and find that there is no direct play with this disc, it always goes to the disc menu with all the previews :confused: Anyone else have this experience? Is this some new BluRay Protocol for newer releases to force the previews and FBI warning?

Your version of the disc has not been bookmarked. You can send it in to Kaleidescape and they will put the bookmarking in it and send it back to you. On the rare occasion I see this with new films, I sometimes will watch it via "play disc" and then send it in so it is ready to go for my next viewing.

Will Kscape automatically update the "metadata" when the disc is cataloged - or will I have to delete and re-copy it for this to effect.

Once K has bookmarked the disc the information will be distributed to all relevant owners of that particular film. The Movie Guide will automatically update.

There is detailed information on the www.kaleidescape.com/faq/ regarding the Movie and Music Database.

By curiosity how long does it take before a disc is bookmarked?

Just guess work on my behalf but I expect a highly anticipated release such as a Batman or a Bond film will be bookmarked ASAP. At the other extreme a film with very few sales will probably not get bookmarked unless a copy is loaned to K.

Just guess work on my behalf but I expect a highly anticipated release such as a Batman or a Bond film will be bookmarked ASAP. At the other extreme a film with very few sales will probably not get bookmarked unless a copy is loaned to K.

Thank you for the quick reply ! I recently bought the US versions of Jaws, Hunger Games, Dictator and High Fidelity. None of them is bookmarked yet.
Is there a loan procedure in Europe?

Back