• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

The Flash movie needs an audio update

The Neural X isn’t doing anything, since the source track is Atmos.

My speakers are ultra-efficient, but you have plenty of juice running yours as well so there shouldn’t really be any issue.

Ok, well then I’m back to being confused lol.
Hoping there is a solution from K-Scape’s content team , until then I’ll try the suggestion of seeing how the 5 channel audio track sounds and then also checking another source to further eliminate variables.

Hi folks,

We checked with our contacts at the studio, and we are told that the audio mix on the film is as intended by the director.
This settles it. We must respect the film maker’s creative vision and artistic intends. I have watched many films with “intended” underwhelming audio mixes because the director wanted the audience to focus more on the dialog or certain other aspects of the film.

We purchased the Flash on pre-order but for various reasons only got around to watching it over the weekend. The sound was completely underwhelming and I had to crank it up to get it to sound ‘OK’ which ties in to one of the earlier comments. It was a bit of a distraction after that which was annoying. I can understand the Director wanting a particular sound/tone to the movie’s audio/soundtrack but I am struggling to understand what requirement there could be to set the sound level that much lower than usual. I do have the feeling that too many Directors fail to leverage the power of the audio mixes. They recognise the power of the music etc but too often miss a trick

We purchased the Flash on pre-order but for various reasons only got around to watching it over the weekend. The sound was completely underwhelming and I had to crank it up to get it to sound ‘OK’ which ties in to one of the earlier comments. It was a bit of a distraction after that which was annoying. I can understand the Director wanting a particular sound/tone to the movie’s audio/soundtrack but I am struggling to understand what requirement there could be to set the sound level that much lower than usual. I do have the feeling that too many Directors fail to leverage the power of the audio mixes. They recognise the power of the music etc but too often miss a trick
Mixing for soundbars.

I 100000% agree, I know based on having heard interviews with some Hollywood mixing engineers that tons of directors have no objective understanding of how sound mixes should sound but I feel like being an audiophile my opinion is just regarded as snobbery.

I never got past the first 15 mins or so because of the sound :-( Yes, I could crank it up but that ain't the point and I"m not exactly running Sonos. (no disrespect to Sonos). What @Oldred says above, it's a distraction! I'm bored of superhero yawn movie tied to movie because of movie etc... funny the director managed to stick the last nail in the coffin for me LOL (DC and Marvel)

I never got past the first 15 mins or so because of the sound :-( Yes, I could crank it up but that ain't the point and I"m not exactly running Sonos. (no disrespect to Sonos). What @Oldred says above, it's a distraction! I'm bored of superhero yawn movie tied to movie because of movie etc... funny the director managed to stick the last nail in the coffin for me LOL (DC and Marvel)
Ha! Yes. A friend just posted on social media over the weekend that his grade school kids pointed out that it was so refreshing to go see a movie that didn't require homework.

It's really nice to watch a movie that is a self-contained story in 90-120 minutes, instead of being a small subset of an entire universe of 30 different 3 hour movies that all call back to a movie from 4 years ago based on a comic from the 50s.

Back