• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Terra Server Chassis Failure

CRRobert

So been working with my dealer and sounds like out of options so reaching out to possible solutions. Have a Terra server that restarted to recover from a software error but it would never fully boot up/reconnect to KScape services. Brought it into dealer and was sent to KScape where was told that the chassis hardware was bad, but hard drives ok. It is out of warranty. Offered to do the exchange for the Prime Chassis, but $8K is really steep for me now. Sounds like they don’t have any older chassis’ to swap into as seem to be harvesting parts. Did not sound like they could replace some parts either.

Looking for it to just work, was not looking for an upgrade at this point so not sure what options are left. Appreciate any input.

Alto and DiscServer are the other two components and working fine.

Thanks, Robert

Status update - was able to talk to someone at KScape. Also sounds like there was the possibility of remanufactured chassis for $6K. Still very hard to swallow for it to just work and more expensive than new Terra Prime 8TB, so will mine will just remain in its box till figure out what to do with it. Would be nice to see a remanufactured one that is a lot cheaper with the return of mine in exchange, so would be something like only the circuit board that paying for.

Meantime optimizing my movies that have downloaded to Alto to minimize any duplicates, etc., will hold off on any store purchases or upgrades and monitor the marketplace in the meantime.

Back