• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

System v3.2 - (temporary?) hidden features!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
OK, for other beta-testers of v3.2, I have a hidden code you can use to access some special features that Kaleidescape deems "experimental".

The following code may or may NOT work in the final release of v3.2.
In addition, the features enabled by this code may or may not appear in the final release, or they may change significantly.

To enable these features, enter the following code from anywhere on the UI (just like you would a parental control code): 27941549 and press 'Enter'.

If it worked, you'll see a message saying "Edit Mix Album Mode!" :)

You'll now find several new features for on-screen editing of your mix albums. You can now rearrange tracks or delete tracks in a mix album, and you also can enter a mode where you browse through your collection in any way you like, and add whole albums or individual tracks to a mix album you've "opened" for editing.

Very cool.

Kaleidescape is interested in feedback from us about this approach to editing mix albums via the OSD. Would you use this method of making/editing mix albums with the 10-foot UI? is it worth including? How could it work better?

I love it and sincerely hope they include it... I've long felt that there should be a way to quickly add a song I'm hearing to one of my playlists without going to the PC. I've also started some playlists and wished I could quickly delete a track... that's now possible.

The reordering of playlists has a nice interface on it... best that is probably doable within the limitations of a standard remote control. I can always move to the PC for serious editing, but this is a great way to make quick changes.

I'm not sure how many other users are like me and want these more complex features enabled on the OSD, but I don't see why Kaledescape wouldn't enable these more advanced features for those of us who want them.

--josh

Last edited:
Of course knowing about this secret code raises the very tantalizing possibility that there are more of these codes that could be entered to enable other features!

Anyone wishing to try sequential or random 8-digit numbers, please be our guest and report back what you find! :p

I got up to 00000003 and haven't found anything yet. :p:p:p

Last edited:
This is a very useful feature to have. And, I think the implementation is about as easy as you can do for an OSD. You have to have the ability to rearrange and delete tracks. Now, I'm not sure if the average Joe would find it too complex. I'll let the wife try it and see what she thinks (she's my non-techie guinea pig).

Jeff

Back