• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Support for DTS:X

RAV

I noticed that Crimson Peak, which was just added to the Movie Store, does not have DTS:X (the DTS equivalent of Dolby Atmos) listed as an audio format.

The Blu-ray release does feature a DTS:X soundtrack.

Does anyone know what the plans of Kaleidescape are in regards to DTS:X?

Not me. Maybe Mike or Mr. Green can comment.

Jim

I'm downloading it now, I know movies like The Last Witch Hunter and American Ultra have Dts:x encoding.

I'll let you know if Crimson Peak has Dts:x, I'd guess it does.

None of those movies are currently showing dts:X in the Store. The hardware will support it, so maybe the version just isn't available to the store yet. Heck, my new Anthem AVM 60 preamp doesn't even have dts:X working yet. Hopefully next month, but at this point, even if it were on the Store copy, I wouldn't be able to play it back anyway. How about you guys? Do you actually have hardware that can decode dts:X right now?

Hey guys,

Here's the situation with DTS:X. We have two "DTS:X-ready" processors here in the lab, but they haven't yet received the software update to enable that support.

We have a couple of titles on the Movie Store where the corresponding Blu-ray disc has DTS:X audio. We should have the same audio bitstream that's on those discs, and provided that the player is set for bitstream output, it should be sent to the processor intact. But, we've been reluctant to mark the audio tracks as DTS:X until we're able to confirm that they really are.

We don't know of any reason why DTS:X wouldn't work, but at this moment, we can't test it.

So, if somebody like Idb has a processor that does actually support DTS:X today, and you have some of those titles (like Crimson Peak), we'd love to hear from you to confirm that it's working.

The processor software update is due soon, and then we'll be able to test these tracks ourselves and update how they're labeled.

I hope that explains things!

I can confirm that Crimson Peak has DTS:X in the audio stream. All of the movies that I have downloaded to my Alto, American Ultra, Last Witch Hunter and Crimson Peak, are being decoded in DTS:X.

I have a Marantz AV8802a, I can grab screen shots or other info if that would help.

Thanks! Everything work okay? You get sound from the height channels, etc?

Back