• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

support experience

danielw

Genuine question and not a rant: what should I expect the K support response time to be? I emailed them 9 days ago and the only thing I received was that my request has been added to the queue.
How long did it take for any of you to hear back?

Support is currently very short handed. I can't state any specifics because of privacy issues, but there's a medical reason for the shortage. Support at Kaleidescape has a very small team, frankly because the products don't generally have problems so a larger team isn't necessary. Unfortunately, that means if someone is out, it does cause delays. Kaleidescape also prioritizes Support issues, with functional problems that affect the ability to playback content getting the highest priority. Only when these problems are addressed or resolved does Support move on to other general questions, or support requests (i.e check a serial number, verify a warranty, etc.).

Your dealer can help as well by starting a "Case" in the Extranet support channel. They can categorize the issue to get a higher priority if justified.

Otherwise, they will eventually get to your problem or question.

Jim

Hey Jim,
Thank you so much for the insightful reply. That makes a lot of sense and helps me understand the delay. In that case, I'll reach out to my dealer and hang tight until I hear back.

Support in the very recent past was super fast. You could expect a real person to acknowledge you within 24 hours and your issue to be resolved in a week at most ( 48-72 hrs is more typical). Lately, they are much slower than usual. I believe soon they will go back to their normal turn times.

Support in the very recent past was super fast. You could expect a real person to acknowledge you within 24 hours and your issue to be resolved in a week at most ( 48-72 hrs is more typical). Lately, they are much slower than usual. I believe soon they will go back to their normal turn times.
I forgot to add an important detail. My mentioned timelines were for you to reach out to support on your own. As Jim mentioned, you could even get faster turn around times through your dealer. Your mileage will vary depending on how willing and how much further your dealer wants to help you.

Thank you for that. Yeah, that's what I expected having dealt with support from high-end audio gear. Cinelife's explanation makes a ton of sense to me so I take comfort in that they'll get to my ticket eventually. I also messaged my dealer who is going to escalate since I haven't been able to watch a whole movie from beginning to end.

....... since I haven't been able to watch a whole movie from beginning to end.

That's ridiculous, that is the highest priority and should have been addressed quickly. You're dealer should be able to get that looked into today.
My only caveat is that it's possible there are others in front of you with playback issues as well. What we've found is that most playback problems are network related, followed by cable issues, followed by EDID issues (often because of other equipment in the chain). It's certainly possible it can be a K component problem, but that has been a small % of the time in our experience.

Jim

Back