• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Super Bundle Requests

LOTS of retailers will credit you the difference if you have proof of purchase within X number of days and an item goes on sale. Usually 7-10 days.
Pleasantly surprised and chuffed for Dmitry but I can't say that has ever been my experience to date. I live in hope. :)

In Dmitry's case he purchased almost all of the bond collection very close to the bundle sale, actually within less than a day of the bundle release. The purchase volume and timing of the purchase were the factors that determined his outcome.

Jim

In Dmitry's case he purchased almost all of the bond collection very close to the bundle sale, actually within less than a day of the bundle release. The purchase volume and timing of the purchase were the factors that determined his outcome.

Jim
All good news and impressive as I said.

It's a reasonable and appropriate response. The problem they have to tussle with (especially in this social media age) is that how many days, how many movies etc. So companies will normally hold firm to the date or pre-publish the 'rule' but it all gets a bit messy, or at least can do with individuals. The advantage of publishing it is that it stops a barrage of requests about purchase over the past 5 years surfacing.

But respect to K for the action as I suspect its them picking up the tab rather than the studios.

Understood. I do believe, but have never had discussions on this subject, that K operates like the other vendors of digital media. While I recognize a comment above that points to refunds provided by some companies for sales that occur within a specific time period of a customer's purchase, I'm not aware of any digital media vendor with a similar policy.

One example is Vudu, their purchase policy includes this language:
PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE AND THERE IS NO RIGHT TO REFUNDS OR CREDITS, UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW (they do say (paraphrasing here) that if for some reason they ever issue a credit, it is at their sole discretion, not policy, and may not be granted in the future, even for similar circumstances).

My only point is that AFAIK no vendor of digital content has a refund or credit policy in place that addresses a situation like Dmitry's. To be fully transparent, Dmitry is a client, and when I read his post I decided to add a credit to his account to cover the stated overpayment. I processed the credit order, but Kaleidescape graciously interceded, and returned my payment back to me in the form of a dealer credit.

I only explained that to point out that I consider this a one-off accommodation provided to me by Kaleidescape and not an indication of their policy regarding Store purchases, which to my knowledge is in line with all other vendors regarding licensing of digital media.

Jim

Understood. I do believe, but have never had discussions on this subject, that K operates like the other vendors of digital media. While I recognize a comment above that points to refunds provided by some companies for sales that occur within a specific time period of a customer's purchase, I'm not aware of any digital media vendor with a similar policy.

One example is Vudu, their purchase policy includes this language:
PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE AND THERE IS NO RIGHT TO REFUNDS OR CREDITS, UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW (they do say (paraphrasing here) that if for some reason they ever issue a credit, it is at their sole discretion, not policy, and may not be granted in the future, even for similar circumstances).

My only point is that AFAIK no vendor of digital content has a refund or credit policy in place that addresses a situation like Dmitry's. To be fully transparent, Dmitry is a client, and when I read his post I decided to add a credit to his account to cover the stated overpayment. I processed the credit order, but Kaleidescape graciously interceded, and returned my payment back to me in the form of a dealer credit.

I only explained that to point out that I consider this a one-off accommodation provided to me by Kaleidescape and not an indication of their policy regarding Store purchases, which to my knowledge is in line with all other vendors regarding licensing of digital media.

Jim
That is as expected then with this being an exceptional intervention and in my view good to see but I do understand that it is that - an exception rather than the rule. My reference to other suppliers was more of a general reference and not applicable to any other digital content provider. All makes sense.

That is as expected then with this being an exceptional intervention and in my view good to see but I do understand that it is that - an exception rather than the rule. My reference to other suppliers was more of a general reference and not applicable to any other digital content provider. All makes sense.

Yes Sir, and my comment is in no way meant to be argumentative with any of the other comments posted in this thread. All were valid, logical, and I'm sure well-intended. I appreciate all the comments in this thread.

Now it's time to get back to the topic of this thread! :)

Jim

Game of Thrones
Stargate SG1 10 seasons

Clint Eastwood Films library
Eastwood Man with No Name Trilogy
John Wayne Film Library
Rambo collection
Rocky collection

Aliens + Predators
  • Alien / Aliens / Alien3 / Alien Resurrection
  • Prometheus / Alien: Covenant
  • Predator / Predator 2 / Predators / The Predator / Prey
  • AVP / AVP: Requiem

Well one more film to get listed and then let’s see a Bruce Lee bundle!
D2D pricing is pretty poor on these.

The audio soundtracks listed are confusing. All films get English dubs only and except Fist of Fury has “Chinese” in addition to the English dub. Chinese? Not Cantonese or Mandarin? Which ones do we really get?

There are multiple versions of Game of Death. Again no mention of which is being offered here.

For those who has a Premiere system, the Criterion box set is fully bookmarked including the discs for the extras.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV series), in original 4:3 SD format (not the disastrous HD "remaster").
There was an HD remaster? I remember when HD was becoming a thing and people wanted a widescreen of "Buffy," Joss Whedon made clear that early seasons were shot in 4:3. But were they shot on film too?

There was an HD remaster? I remember when HD was becoming a thing and people wanted a widescreen of "Buffy," Joss Whedon made clear that early seasons were shot in 4:3. But were they shot on film too?
As far as I know, seasons 1-2 were shot on 16mm and seasons 3-7 were shot on 35mm. But Joss Whedon has been very clear he framed everything at 4:3 for artistic purposes. The show was never intended to be viewed at 16:9.

There are many articles out there describing the horror of the HD "remaster". For example:

Coen Brothers
Martin Scorsese
Ghibli (someone else already said that, but I'd definitely be all over that)
Christopher Nolan

Back