• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: Studio Ghibli

New to the store, I had to search for spirited away, Howl's moving castle, and castle in the sky, lo and behold they are there.

This store is getting expensive.LOL

Yes! Been wanting this for a long time, thanks Kaleidescape!

I'd really like to see a lot more animation and anime available here. I hope these do well and encourage folks to speak with you wallets if you like these types of films to tell them we want to see more (like getting FUNimation into the store).

Oh wow, looks like the download sizes on these titles are mostly 45-50GB. That's great. That's literally double or more what the movie only size on disc is.

I’m going to need another credit card, let alone another Terra... :ROFLMAO: Awesome job K - keep them coming!! (Maybe this is the real plan we are now seeing regarding the store and the move away from Premiere... studios and titles galore!)

Great news ! Two more empty slots in my last vault! Still bit more than 200 to go though.... most being concerts(most with studios already with K) and foreign movies. For the latter I may go the Plex way unless K signs with a couple of French studios....

Is it just me or does big advances at K keep coming faster? Might just be my age as birthdays seem to be coming quicker to.

Big day for K members with families as I'm not aware of any movies more supportive of families than these films. As Roger Ebert once stated regarding a Studio Ghibli movie "the movie doesn't talk up to adults or down to children."

I've got to check out some of these. The genre in particular has never been on my radar. Any suggestions on titles to start my journey?

A friend of mine, who’s into your Big Bang brainless blockbusters mostly, raves about Spirited Away being one of his all time favourite films - almost fell off my chair when he said that...

If you haven't watched a Ghibli production before, I would start with either Spirited Away or Mononoke as your intro. I'd say they are the most accessible for mainstream audiences (maybe Arriety). I remember going to see Nausica as a kid when it was released theatrically and loving it, but I didn't see anything else from the studio until I was older. I find their output hit or miss for my tastes, but there is a large number that I enjoy a lot. I certainly wouldn't recommend buying the collection site unseen though.

Back