• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Struggling to access system

Drewnation

Afternoon everyone
I have three Kaleiedescape pieces outlined in the attached doc. All can be pinged (except the 172 address) but can't access any interface on any of the units. I've tried the support docs and can't seem to get anything to work. The vault and 500 player at both glowing steady amber light. Any ideas?

thank-you.

Mark H

⭐️⭐️ Patron ⭐️⭐️
Maybe you missed the attachment?

If the devices are glowing amber then there is a network issue and they are not seeing the server. From a browser you can (as far as I know) only access the devices via the server browser interface i.e. by connecting to the server ip address and viewing via the 'Components' tab.

Have you tried to see the devices?

Try powering off and re-booting your network devices and your server (you don't mention if it is glowing amber or blue) , it may clear the problem but that is where I would start

J.Green

Kaleidescape, Inc.
◥ ◣ Kaleidescape, Inc.
Based on your screenshot, there is no server present on your network (which would explain why all of your devices have amber front panel lights).

I would start by verifying that your server is up and running, the network cable is properly connected, and troubleshooting your network.

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️ Patron ⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Deleted above because John and I answered same time.

Jim

AlienWarlock

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Your server is not showing up. Did you reboot it? You should reboot your router as well because it looks like your components might be having trouble getting IP addresses from DHCP. Also has your system been offline for a long time? Your version numbers look (6.0.1) look pretty low. They should be 8.6.0 or 8.5.1 if your system has been online up until now.

Drewnation

Your server is not showing up. Did you reboot it? You should reboot your router as well because it looks like your components might be having trouble getting IP addresses from DHCP. Also has your system been offline for a long time? Your version numbers look (6.0.1) look pretty low. They should be 8.6.0 or 8.5.1 if your system has been online up until now.
System has been offline for over a year, which piece is considered the server as I don't think I have that. Only the m500 player and the vault. Assuming I need the server piece, which models are considered servers for this line of product ? I live in a Toronto area and would be interested in acquiring.

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️ Patron ⭐️⭐️
As previously pointed out, you do not have a Server showing in that capture. You have the following:

M300 Player: This is an M-Class Player. It can ONLY playback content, and that content has to come from one of the Premiere servers.

M500 Player: This is also only a Player, but unlike the M300 it has an optical drive used for importing content to a Server from a physical disc, and can also act as a standard DVD/Blu-ray player by playing back physical discs.

M700: This is a Vault that also has a built-in Player. It is used to import physical discs to a Server, and in the case of Blu-ray discs it also stores the disc in the Vault to meet the requirement that a Blu-ray disc must be "present" during playback of content on the Server. The internal Player acts just like the M300 noted above.

You are missing a Premiere Server. The Servers usually used with the above Players is either a 1U (K1500), 1U+ (K1550), 3U (K5000), or 5U (K2000, and 2500). You need one of those to complete the system.

Jim

Drewnation

As previously pointed out, you do not have a Server showing in that capture. You have the following:

M300 Player: This is an M-Class Player. It can ONLY playback content, and that content has to come from one of the Premiere servers.

M500 Player: This is also only a Player, but unlike the M300 it has an optical drive used for importing content to a Server from a physical disc, and can also act as a standard DVD/Blu-ray player by playing back physical discs.

M700: This is a Vault that also has a built-in Player. It is used to import physical discs to a Server, and in the case of Blu-ray discs it also stores the disc in the Vault to meet the requirement that a Blu-ray disc must be "present" during playback of content on the Server. The internal Player acts just like the M300 noted above.

You are missing a Premiere Server. The Servers usually used with the above Players is either a 1U (K1500), 1U+ (K1550), 3U (K5000), or 5U (K2000, and 2500). You need one of those to complete the system.

Jim
Thank-you Jim, I will see what I can find. Appreciate all the information everyone.

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️ Patron ⭐️⭐️
Sorry, to answer you last question directly, you need one of the following:

1U (K1500) Server: These are no longer sold by Kaleidescape, you would need to find one used. You should however consider that the 1U is no longer supported by Kaleidescape for repairs or replacement. You cannot even get a replacement power supply from K for this server, so basically you are on your own if it fails. You can get replacement drives, but that's it.

1U+ (K1550) Server: This is the newest Premiere Server in K's product line. They are available new from K, but are expensive.

3U (K5000) Server: This is the largest Server in the Premiere line. It is no longer sold by K so you would need to by used. With exception to drives, replacement power supply, and a few aesthetic parts, there is no support from K on this product.

5U Server: It would work, and their cheap these days, but it's the original server, very old, and no longer supported at all.

Hope that helps.

Jim