• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Stratos HDCP

todo

As I await for my Trinnov Altitude 32 to be upgraded to HDMI 2.0a end of the month... I have connected my Stratos as follows to my Sony 5000ES projector.
Stratos HDMI 1 (This is the Video Audio Output) directly to the HDMI 1 of the Sony projector using a mono price certified 18gbps HDMI cable (I have been using the same cable on my Sony 1000ES UHD BD cable just the same way without any issues) and Stratos HDMI 2 (Audio only) to the input of my Trinnov.
When I check under the advanced settings of the Stratos Video I notice that everything is good except the Stratos shows in Red that it is connected to a non HDCP 2.0 device.
When I play moves on the Stratos the picture blinks once in a while and the Projector shows HDMI 1 coming up - as if it is reconnecting - the blank picture is for a very brief time.
The audio is just fine I am getting ATMOs and all the goodies.
The same cable and setup on my Sony 1000ED UHD BD Player have no issues.
I will appreciate any help.

Have you set the HDMI inputs to “enhanced” and Dynamic Range to Auto or Full?

Yes, sorry...
In the Strato’s video settings/4K Ultra HD Support , can you limit the output to 13.5Gbps or 10.2Gbps and see if that helps?
I am using the same Monoprice cable as you from my Altitude(updated HDMI board 3 months ago) to the projector for “basic” 4k sources. For my OPPO 205 player and the Strato I am using the Ruipro HDMI fiber 50ft, through a Lumagen Radiance Pro with 18Ghz HDMI I/O without any issues.

Yes, sorry...
In the Strato’s video settings/4K Ultra HD Support , can you limit the output to 13.5Gbps or 10.2Gbps and see if that helps?
I am using the same Monoprice cable as you from my Altitude(updated HDMI board 3 months ago) to the projector for “basic” 4k sources. For my OPPO 205 player and the Strato I am using the Ruipro HDMI fiber 50ft, through a Lumagen Radiance Pro with 18Ghz HDMI I/O without any issues.

OK - I will try the lower speeds on the Stratos and revert later...
I am guessing since my HDMI card in the Trinnov is not yet upgraded that could/may be causing the problem? HDMI is a screwy subject.
Although it should not be the case as the Monoprice cable is connected directly from the Stratos to the Projector.
Also, the Sony 1000 ES UHD BD player (and previously the Opportunity 203) were connected using the exact cables and setup without any video drop outs).
On a separate note, how do you find switching using the Trinnov? Is it fast enough?
Do you have a Lumagen Pro?

I use both Ruipro and Monoprice fiber cables to my vw5000. Both work perfectly either through my Lumagen Pro or directly from the Strato.

If you suspect that the problem is the second audio only going to the Altitude, then does it work correctly without this cable? If so, then updating the HDMI board should fix this.

John

No I don’t think so. I agree it shouldn’t be the case. Audio output 2 shouldn’t be interfering with the A/V output 1.
At a different system setup I have, all sources work with an LG 77W7 except for the Strato. Had to route it through an OPPO 203 to make it display 4K properly.
I never had issues using the Strato with my VW5000ES via the Lumagen....

Switching using the Trinnov is not instant but I can live with it. +/- 4-5”. FYI only inputs 4-7 and output 2 are HDCP 2.2 compliant.

Yes, I do have a Lumagen Pro 4446. Feel free to PM me in case you have more questions.

Kostas

Guys, I've been asked to check on switching times people are experiencing when changing sources. I'll start a new thread aimed at those owners with a Sony 5000, Trinnov Altitude, Strato, and if using the Co-Star with a Premium component. Please look for that thread and post when you have time. Thanks.

Jim

Back