• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Strato S 1U 12TB Issue

Tianzo

Hi All, I seem to have some issues with my Strato which was purchased recently.

Problem 1
When i i plug in my strato after unpluggin from the mains, The Kscape boot up image shows but goes blank (Nothing pops up), I have to restart it a couple of time to see the movie menu

Problem 2
When i hook it up to the same power line as my Processor and other sources, on boot up it sends a Hard disk whirring sound to the speakers (Stops after a couple of seconds) and my power amp tends to clip. Doesnt happen when i connect the Strato to a different power line from all my other sources and amps.

Am new to the forums and sorry if i am posting in the wrong thread.

Thank you everyone for the help on the matter

At the simple end of the spectrum, the Strato could be booting up into standby. After the Strato boots up and the screen goes blank, have you tried sending a "Power on" command from the IR remote or control system?

However, it could also be an HDMI interop issue. The next time your Strato boots to a blank screen, you can find out what is going on with the HDMI signal by loading the HDMI Capabilities page. To do so:
1. Load the browser interface for your system (http://my-kaleidescape or http://<server IP>)
2. Click the Settings tab.
3. Click the "Settings" button for your Strato to open the settings popup.
4. On the Video tab of the settings popup, click the "Show video capabilities and status" button.

This page will show you the HDMI video status for your Strato and can help to diagnose any issues that may be encountered.

I don't currently have any recommendation for the interference you are experiencing between the Strato and your processor when the Strato starts up. I'll reach out to the hardware team for advice.

On the interference, it sounds like a Ground Loop on that circuit. (I would also check the power being used on that circuit by your components.)

Jim

Hi Everyone, thank you for the prompt response. Will look into the recommendations and see what i can come back with :)

Back