• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Strato IP Address

House72

Hello All

I am having a strange issues with my strato. I am unable to connect to the IP address provided by Strato from my computer browser.

I use K app on my iPhone to go in to settings. I get a warning stating that even though my strato is connected to ethernet, but has no internet connectivity. I tried to do release and renew IP address and this fixed the warning message. Even at that point I cannot access the IP address from my Mac.

When I tried to go in to settings after few hours, it again had same message of no internet connectivity. Can any of you let me know a solution for this issue or should I be calling K Support?

I also cannot find my K system from Second Screen App on IPad. I can use k app on my iPhone though to go to settings
and navigate and play movies.

Cheers

Raj

Last edited:
Sounds like a potential problem with your DHCP server so have you tried rebooting the box that is providing ip addresses to the devices on your network? On a simple network this is usually the router provided by your ISP.
I have all my devices configured using reserved ip addresses so it is easy to find them and it alleviates the problem I sometimes have seen when fixed addresses are used.

To see all your devices also try (may be slightly different on a Mac) http://my-kaleidescape/lskd.html

Sounds like a potential problem with your DHCP server so have you tried rebooting the box that is providing ip addresses to the devices on your network? On a simple network this is usually the router provided by your ISP.
I have all my devices configured using reserved ip addresses so it is easy to find them and it alleviates the problem I sometimes have seen when fixed addresses are used.

To see all your devices also try (may be slightly different on a Mac) http://my-kaleidescape/lskd.html

Thank You. My Orbi had a new firmware. I updated the firmware and did a reboot of the router. This fixed my issue. Thanks again.

Cheers

Raj

Back