• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Strato & Electrical Noise

@Surge did you get the supply yet? My Strato C comes this weekend. Debating giving the linear upgrade a try. Especially if it’s returnable if it doesn’t do anything.

For those getting hum, how is the pre/pro connected to the amplifiers? Are you using balanced or RCA (single-ended)? Would balanced interconnects between amp and AVR/Pre/Pro make a difference?

Just wanted to follow-up that I installed the Strato C and compact Terra last night. Wasn't detecting any noise. Need more seat time, but I expected changing up the form factor to remove the pick up of the interference and it seems to have done so.

I might still try the linear power supply on the Strato, just to see if it makes any audible/visual improvement for fun and science. We'll see.

Slightly related, but for those with multiple K devices in a rack, are there any good options for rack mount power supply rather than all these bricks?

The bricks are all mid-cable, so I just lash or loop them at some point along the path (power on the edges, data down the middle.) As long as they aren't transformer-block plugs, that might be blocking PDU outlets, I don't fret too much.

Hey guys any more info on this topic? I’m also getting the speaker hum when connecting the HDMI cable from the strato s12 to emotiva processor. How did the external power supply work? Is the hum gone?

Hey guys any more info on this topic? I’m also getting the speaker hum when connecting the HDMI cable from the strato s12 to emotiva processor. How did the external power supply work? Is the hum gone?
Yes, it went away. Get a good linear power supply. I use Teddy Pardo. Keces is also good, apparently.
Anyone who believes that clean AC power improves audio and video quality should get rid of the 10-cent power supply that ships with the Kaleidescape — it has no place with a high-end component. Absolute junk. You should also see a small but noticeable improvement in A/V quality.

Double check the voltage and current (use the stock power supply rating) and email TP to let them know what you need.
Push the TP connector in firmly when you get it - the connector itself is also better quality and requires a strong push to fit securely.

I also use a TP supply for my Lumagen. I’ve used them for years, no issues.
Let us know what you think when you get it!

Ok cool. Will do, I’ll email TP.

Attachments

• 3805AD2C-97DF-4835-9D8D-13DC471AF69D.png
    3805AD2C-97DF-4835-9D8D-13DC471AF69D.png
    600.8 KB · Views: 23
Humm… recently replaced the rca cable to Xlr cables hum is gone just getting a slight hiss now but much better. My power supply haven’t arrived yet for the strato. Took the opportunity to finally get the AV processor that I wanted and replaced the emotiva.

Double check the voltage and current (use the stock power supply rating) and email TP to let them know what you need.
Push the TP connector in firmly when you get it - the connector itself is also better quality and requires a strong push to fit securely.

I also use a TP supply for my Lumagen. I’ve used them for years, no issues.
Let us know what you think when you get it!
Which connector is the one we need?

Back