• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Strato c and DV700 Vault

markie4tv

I have just purchased a strato c and Terra and I am using a Lumagen with a co star.
1/ checked the alto and Dv700 , blu- ray disc plays correctly as does HD content
2/ checked strato and Terra , all 4K plays correctly
3/ checked lumagen , costar intregates both epg and displays the mix of Blu-ray Discs , 4K , HD
4/ strato plays 4k
5/ strato plays HD from Alto
6/ strato gives blank screen when playing blu-ray disc from DV700 ???
I know I’m missing Something , I noticed the Lumagen won’t change from input one on the co star while the Alto is on three , my thoughts are the strato is playing the HD content from the Alto because it’s a server? but no idea why the blank screen from the DV700, any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Strato cannot play BR discs in the vault, it will support only DVD's, Alto plays both DVD and BR.

Jim

Strato cannot play BR discs in the vault, it will support only DVD's, Alto plays both DVD and BR.

Jim
Hi Jim, thanks , I got that. If you use a costar ( Lumagen in my case) the strato selects the disc from the vault and the Alto plays it. I presume my prob is the Lumagen not switching to the Alto output. I presumed the costar was licensed so it can do the switching but seems not.

@markie4tv this reference guide helped me when configuring the Lumagen and Alto/Strato via the Co-Star. Works great. All titles show in the Strato interface and it auto switches to the Alto when playing back Blu-ray discs.

You may have seen this already but thought I’d share just in case.

Yes, thank you I have indeed. I think my problem is the licence, I thought it was activated but it seems not so it only shows the strato on output one and won’t switch to the Alto on output three .

You probably already know this, but the Co-Star for Lumagen license is ordered from K, and then you have to activate it in the Rad Pro. K will need the serial number of the Strato you are using in the setup.

Jim

Back