• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Strato audio issue

markrubin

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Happy 4th!

having audio issues from Strato: using HDMI audio port to Krell Foundation: sometimes I need to reboot the Strato to get the Krell to recognize HD audio: HDMI video to Sony 940D continues to work

I am going to try a different cable and such but wanted to here first if anyone else has a similar issue: also is anyone using this with a Marantz 8802A?

I've used it with a Marantz AV8802A a bunch. The only thing I've noticed (audio wise) is that after the recent firmware update that enabled bitstream audio out, there is often a real delay before the audio kicks in, especially when watching a scene. (ie: the scene will start playing and it can take up to 10 seconds for the audio to kick in. Once it kicks in it's in sync, just really delayed to start.) K says they're aware of this and will rectify. I haven't had any other glitches and the couple of Dolby Atmos titles I have on the Strato play correctly along with all the 4K content. Happy to answer any 8802A specific queries...
Cheers,
John

thanks for the replies

changing the cable fixed it: it was an active cable which I thought was OK for the HDMI audio only: guess not

also thanks for comments on 8802A: that may be my next processor

Mark,
I think the 8802A is really good, but you might also want to consider the Anthem AVM 60, which is also excellent and $1000 less, and maybe even the Datasat LS10i, which is several thousand more, but worth every penny. I was so impressed with the LS10i at a show a few months ago, even with what I consider to be a less than ideal speaker layout, that I signed my dealer paperwork for Datasat immediately after the show. I kind of poo-poo'd it as being hype previously, emperor's new clothes and all, but it just sounds better than my AMV 60. In fact, it's the best sounding processor I have personally heard for less than $20k. I still haven't brought in an LS10i for my demo theater, because sadly they are not giving them away even to dealers, but as soon as I can, I will be getting one for display.

Mark,
I think the 8802A is really good, but you might also want to consider the Anthem AVM 60, which is also excellent and $1000 less, and maybe even the Datasat LS10i, which is several thousand more, but worth every penny. I was so impressed with the LS10i at a show a few months ago, even with what I consider to be a less than ideal speaker layout, that I signed my dealer paperwork for Datasat immediately after the show. I kind of poo-poo'd it as being hype previously, emperor's new clothes and all, but it just sounds better than my AMV 60. In fact, it's the best sounding processor I have personally heard for less than $20k. I still haven't brought in an LS10i for my demo theater, because sadly they are not giving them away even to dealers, but as soon as I can, I will be getting one for display.

Couldn't agree more. The LS10 is amazing and apart from the RS20i is the best processor I have ever heard. If you can't stretch to the price though try and demo the Audio Control Maestro M9.

Agreed, the Datasat pieces are incredible. I'm still using the RS20i in my system, and we've sold quite a few, along with the LS10's. Can't go wrong with either, but you do have to be willing to spend more to get into Datasat.

Jim

there is more to this:

even with a different cable I still saw the issue and called K
they suggested an HDMI splitter on the audio port (leave one port unused) to keep the handshake: this seems to work

and I was thinking it might help cut the 8802 handshake time. The splitter just has to be 1.4 HDMI

Thanks again for the suggestions

I have one last issue: when I shut off my processor, and then turn it back on set on Strato input for audio only, it causes the Strato to reboot

I made sure all CEC and such controls are shut off.

anyone else see this?

I have one last issue: when I shut off my processor, and then turn it back on set on Strato input for audio only, it causes the Strato to reboot

I made sure all CEC and such controls are shut off.

anyone else see this?

this fixed too: have to use only krell HDMI ports 1-4

Back