• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Storm MK3

House72

Hello All

I just sold my Lyngdorf MP60 -2.1 and getting ready to buy a Storm MK3. Will I miss anything by not getting a Trinnov Alt 16?

Cheers

Raj

You will miss: Software decoding that keeps up with evolving codecs vs chip based, a multi channel microphone (4 mics on single mic base) for precise alignments, I can do a room scan from a single location or as many as I have seats I typically do 3 one on ether side of prime listening seat and choose a % of correction applied to each.
The AL16 actually has 20ch after a software upgrade recently (software upgrades are free) The Trinnov support is top notch, I had an issue a buffer size and the factory remoted into the player and adjusted or updated. In all my years of hifi adventures, I have never had such good customer service. Also IMO, the aesthetics on the MK3 do look a bit 80's.

What I didn't like about my JBL SDP-75 (a rebadged Trinnov Alt 32) is how slow it is to start up. The Storm MK3 starts up much faster.

I’m going to go pro Storm, just to balance things

:p

I’ve had the Storm MK2 and currently Core. Personally, for my needs and IMO, it blew the the Trinnov away for sound and price level. I will admit I’ve had some QA teething problems but nothing that wasn’t resolved Rather rapidly.

As ever, one size fits all didn’t actually fit all unless one likes baggy clothes :)

What I didn't like about my JBL SDP-75 (a rebadged Trinnov Alt 32) is how slow it is to start up. The Storm MK3 starts up much faster.
That is inherent with Software decoding vs chip based. It does take about 30 seconds to boot my AL16, but that is hardly an issue, it takes that long from my OLED to come alive and be ready. I guess you can include AMP warm ups for optimal sound.

I’m going to go pro Storm, just to balance things

:p

I’ve had the Storm MK2 and currently Core. Personally, for my needs and IMO, it blew the the Trinnov away for sound and price level. I will admit I’ve had some QA teething problems but nothing that wasn’t resolved Rather rapidly.

As ever, one size fits all didn’t actually fit all unless one likes baggy clothes :)
good insight. Have a Storm ISP MK3 specified by theater design company so looking forward to seeing how it performs (est, July 2023). I see a lot more about Trinnov on forums and videos.

Back