• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Store Sort By Price

I'm new to the game and that was also one of my first thoughts while browsing the store. Hereby bring this post up again and hope that others are also interested in it.

+1 - always looking for opportunities to find hidden gems for cheap. Trying movies that I wouldn't normally consider. The rental is part way there, as some of the rental fee is treated as credit towards purchase.

It was possible to sort by price back in the early days of the Store. I'd love to see it return, but will be surprised if that actually happens. I doubt certain studios ever like seeing their expensive titles pushed to the bottom of the list.

It was possible to sort by price back in the early days of the Store. I'd love to see it return, but will be surprised if that actually happens. I doubt certain studios ever like seeing their expensive titles pushed to the bottom of the list.
Hm, am i missing something here?
1698332442240.png

Andy’s post was from January 2022. K finally updated the store and added this feature.

John

Last edited:
This sort is pretty busted, though, because it includes rental prices, so basically everything on the less expensive end is a rental.

This sort is pretty busted, though, because it includes rental prices, so basically everything on the less expensive end is a rental.
I am not seeing this but I normally filter by HDR and price - no rental pricing showing up.

John

I checked without doing the filter on HDR and there are titles that show up as rentals. However, these are all movies that are rental only. If there is a purchase price it ignores the rental price and filters correctly.

John

I think we're saying the same thing. "Filter by price" without HDR shows mostly D2D deals I don't want to do and rental-only. Which means it's more work than I care to do to find attractively priced purchases, which is the goal of this search.

If you apply the Unowned filter, it will remove all the D2D offers.
I think we're saying the same thing. "Filter by price" without HDR shows mostly D2D deals I don't want to do and rental-only. Which means it's more work than I care to do to find attractively priced purchases, which is the goal of this search.

If you apply the Unowned filter, it will remove all the D2D offers.
The one caveat to this is if you have deleted your cataloged disks in your library because you don't want them listed on your KScape UI movie list along with your downloaded movies, the disks will then show up on K's website as Unowned with your D2D pricing.

Back