• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Store Pricing Feedback & Debate

For those of you wondering how K-Store processes D2D combined with Bundle pricing.

I had a D2D offer for 2 movies in the Final Destination series. D2D pricing is $4.50.

Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 13.46.38.png

When I add all 5 to the cart, it charges me $5.99 each for the bundle discount, and $4.50 for the other 2. Usually it'd be $29.95 for all 5, now it's $26.97.

Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 13.47.16.png

Not sure if it would honor the D2D pricing if I would have had 3 of them in D2D, and then add all 5 to the bundle. Would it do 3 x $4.50 and 2 x $5.99, or would it charge 3 x $5.99 (removing 1 D2D advantage) and 2 x $4.50?

It will give you the best outcome possible while honoring the rules of the super bundle. So 3x $5.99 + 2x $4.50 should be it.

For the Underworld bundle I've got by D2D 2x $4.92 and 2x $3.14, and the last movie (a non-D2D movie) being shown as $6.99. Given the above rule it should add up to 1x $4.92 + 2x $3.14 + 2x $6.99, by increasing one of the most expensive D2Ds to complete the bundle. In sum $25.18, which is what it does.

(Underworld bundle is at least two movies).

It will give you the best outcome possible while honoring the rules of the super bundle. So 3x $5.99 + 2x $4.50 should be it.

For the Underworld bundle I've got by D2D 2x $4.92 and 2x $3.14, and the last movie (a non-D2D movie) being shown as $6.99. Given the above rule it should add up to 1x $4.92 + 2x $3.14 + 2x $6.99, by increasing one of the most expensive D2Ds to complete the bundle. In sum $25.18, which is what it does.

(Underworld bundle is at least two movies).
So if the bundle rules state "At least 2 movies", and you'd buying (for argument's sake) just 2 movies, but have a D2D that's lower than the bundle price, you'll pay the lower D2D on the one title, and the bundle price on the other. That's nice to hear :)

No in that case both movies would get the bundle price. One of each would violate the bundle rule "at least 2". If you bought 3 movies, having two with D2Ds, one would be elevated to bundle price together with the movie you don't have.

(I keep confusing myself with this, but I think this is the correct way of thinking).

Edited for clarity

FYI, I started a new discussion thread in the "Other" section to talk Apple, Apple TV, etc. I tried to edit/delete my last few posts here, but I don't see the controls to do so.

@cinelife or @josh maybe want to move the last several posts over to that thread, please?
moved those posts, as requested, thanks! Apple TV 4K Discussion Thread

Has anyone seen the D2D discount for 'Elf' yet?

My Blu-ray didn't catalog and I'm wondering if it makes much of a difference.

Thanks.

I'm getting a D2D price now for The Godfather, Coda with my Godfather III cataloged disc, which is nice. But the D2D price is $19.04 which is not so nice.

1667254928661.png

No in that case both movies would get the bundle price. One of each would violate the bundle rule "at least 2". If you bought 3 movies, having two with D2Ds, one would be elevated to bundle price together with the movie you don't have.

(I keep confusing myself with this, but I think this is the correct way of thinking).

Edited for clarity
Yes, that's usually right. It's explained in exhaustive (-ing?) detail in this support article:

Question on Godfather 3 Coda. I have the actual Blu ray Disc version of Coda (exact same, because I have another version of Godfather 3).

The Coda D2D is still showing a $19.04 price, is this correct? Do I need to delete the catalog version and re-upload, and should it be $4.92 like the other Godfather versions, or is this some sort of known bug or issue with this particular film?

Appreciate the help and thanks!

I will check but I suspect that the price is correct and that what you're seeing is a case where a new release (which the "Coda" version is) isn't offered by the studio at the same discount that they might apply to an older title.

I will check but I suspect that the price is correct and that what you're seeing is a case where a new release (which the "Coda" version is) isn't offered by the studio at the same discount that they might apply to an older title.

Thank you, I was wondering if it was a bug because I got the same price for my godfather part three Blu-ray version on the disk to digital as I did my Godfather coda, Blu-ray version, so thought it might be a mistake, but maybe not… Thank you for checking…

Coda Upgrade

The conversation when Coda 4k first came out is a few posts prior to the above link. I've never seen the D2D Coda price less than around $20 unless there was a sale.

Any update/confirmation on this Mike?

I read the Coda thread but am Wondering if this is a similar Issue to the pulp fiction 4K upgrade being seen today.

I suspect the godfather coda blu ray D2D should be $4.92 like godfather 1 and 2, with godfather 3 being the price shown as is now, but would be interested to find out differently and why…..

Back