• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Start Kscape with where you left off

kob

Is it possible to have Kscape start with where I last left off? Like if I turned it off in the middle of the movie, the next time I turn it back on, it should be show the movie paused at the same place where I left off.

Not all owners would want that as a default each time they pause a movie. Personally I'm fine with paused movies being listed in "Collections." It is a couple more button pushes, but accomplishes the same thing without making the option the default for all owners, IMO.

Jim

I don't need this to be a default for every owner. But would be cool to have that as an option. A lot of DVD players do this by default.

So you can choose a start up option be:

List
Covers
Collections
Store
Where you last left off

Maybe I am missing something, but when I stop a movie and then come back the player is still on the same movie and all I have to do is hit “Play” and then “Resume”.

John

I don't need this to be a default for every owner. But would be cool to have that as an option. A lot of DVD players do this by default.
DVD players generally only hold a single movie at a time vs an entire library.

But that's my point, as you noted it's done by default on some DVD players. The only way you could do what you are asking for is to either have it automated as a default, which I don't believe all owners would want, or use a series of button presses before shutting down (AFAIK). That wouldn't be any different than using the existing option in Collections to restart a paused movie. There's also @JohnJ's point in the post above.

In addition, if others use the same system, would they want to watch a movie someone else paused when they start up?

(BTW, I'm not intending to belittle the suggestion, it's likely there are other owners that would prefer the same option, I just think the current capability offers the best solution because it still allows the system to accomplish the end goal....return to a paused point in a movie, albeit with a few button presses.)

Jim

Did you not see what I suggested? Default to what it's doing now but let me be able to override the default in the settings. It's not hard to implement

It's just my opinion, but certainly based on my limited programming knowledge, even my 12 yo Son knows more than I do, he made $17K last year coding add-ons in games after I told him he was wasting his time, and I have no idea how he did that, and him explaining it to me didn't help, so I defer to your knowledge that "it's not hard to implement," maybe K engineering will see it the same way. :)

Jim

Back