• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Star Wars Movie Sale

Aye, I call it the “Disney Drill” 😂 I learnt mine on, thankfully only, a handful of HD titles that were then upgraded to HDR Atmos with no upgrade pricing. Now I just refuse to buy Disney unless 4K is available

Aye, I call it the “Disney Drill” 😂 I learnt mine on, thankfully only, a handful of HD titles that were then upgraded to HDR Atmos with no upgrade pricing. Now I just refuse to buy Disney unless 4K is available

Sadly not a lesson I needed to learn. The problem was they were all there in 4K and I bought ALL the SW titles at full price 🤦‍♂️.

Any chance of a credit K? ;) 😆

Made the same mistake earlier with Disney. Now cursing myself for doing so.
Fortunately I held off on the Star Wars 4k purchase till today, though I had them HD. Just bought the 8 movies that were not in 4k. Live and learn I guess.

Sadly not a lesson I needed to learn. The problem was they were all there in 4K and I bought ALL the SW titles at full price 🤦‍♂️.

Any chance of a credit K? ;) 😆
I will never learn... I wouldn't have said no to this pricing but having already watched all of them, twice in the family since March 14th, with an outstanding picture and sound I don't regret paying full price. Personally I couldn't wait.

With this and the Bond collection in mind though, I am definitely in favour of a bundle pricing availability since day one......

May the force(and patience for better pricing) be with you.

Kostas

It would be nice if they just tossed a store credit for something in those accounts of the early adopters. Everyone knows they have no control on Pricing but many people price match within a reasonable time.

I have a grandfathered Premier system and was planning to add a Strato at some point so was not going to opt-in to Disney store purchases on the Premier system. Can I still buy Disney movies from the store (eg when they are on sale) but just not download them to the Premier and then when I get a Strato, I will have the movies waiting for me to download?

Thanks!

I have a grandfathered Premier system and was planning to add a Strato at some point so was not going to opt-in to Disney store purchases on the Premier system. Can I still buy Disney movies from the store (eg when they are on sale) but just not download them to the Premier and then when I get a Strato, I will have the movies waiting for me to download?

Thanks!

Since you have a system and a store account, nothing should prevent you from buying the 4k versions in your account on the web site to have them for later.

I will never learn... I wouldn't have said no to this pricing but having already watched all of them, twice in the family since March 14th, with an outstanding picture and sound I don't regret paying full price. Personally I couldn't wait.

With this and the Bond collection in mind though, I am definitely in favour of a bundle pricing availability since day one......

May the force(and patience for better pricing) be with you.

Kostas

Ha Ha - we all live and learn. Like you I’ve watched them multiple times since release and don’t regret the pricing, just my damn impatience.

All you lucky peeps enjoy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes indeed. You'll get a warning message letting you know that you won't be able to download them, but you should still be able to complete the purchase and then they'll be ready for you when you get your Strato.

Very glad I hadn’t purchased my Strato until the last week as I would have also let my impatience get the best of me and pulled the trigger when they first came out.

Love these sales when they come and wish K was able to do them more often. Either way download queue is back and full!

I watched Empire last night and....WOW! Picture and sound quality are both amazing! Stunning what they were able to do with this 40 year old title! It's like seeing it for the first time; except better, since my home theater is way better than the first theater I saw it in back in 1980! :)

I watched Empire last night and....WOW! Picture and sound quality are both amazing! Stunning what they were able to do with this 40 year old title! It's like seeing it for the first time; except better, since my home theater is way better than the first theater I saw it in back in 1980! :)

agree it was one of my best memories I saw fight scene Luke and Vader’s lightsaber and I was shocked how the pic looks stunning well done for Disney perfect restoration

Back