• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CONFIRMED FIXED: Star Wars - Bluray No MetaData!!

First impression of Phantom Menace, watched about 25 minutes:

LOOKS REAL GOOD. Never looked better. Id want to see some more but it looks real clear and it doesn't seem to have excessive edge enhancement.

SOUNDS even better. My goodness. WOW.

Word was that is the film with the biggest upgrade visually because it was shot in 35MM, whereas Clones and Sith were Digital. I also read what you are saying...that the sound is phenomenal in all six across the board.

Shocker: watching it, I found myself thinking: this movie isn't as bad as I remember it. I wonder why that is and my working theory is the first time I saw it, all the new characters are all so weird, fake and somewhat stereotypical, I think that turned me off. Just letting that go and listening to what they are saying- maybe the movie is better than I remembered? I think also, on the prior formats the image of this movie in particular seemed a bit cartoonish, whereas here the image is really solid and it looks a lot more real.

No matter- the BR for this seems like its doing the material justice.

NOW- if only we could get a 1080P version of Han shoots first! :D

I definitely want to rewatch Menace given that I haven't in 10 years. I have to think that the backlash against the movie was that there was so much hype since it had been 16 years or whatever since Jedi and that nothing in the world could live up to it no matter how good it was, so that in our minds and average movie was thought of as horrible.

thanks for the input and love to hear others thought - mine comes on Monday but it will be a long time before I get through all of the movies and features.

I tried to get some idea on Amazon for reviews but it is a 2 rating average. All the fanboys are clearly apoplectic about the "non-fixes" and the changes made for this set. And given that there were 1,000 reviews (200+ 5 star and 800+ 1 star) BEFORE the street date - they don't serve much value.

Just finished loading the first 6 disks (just the movies) from the 9 disk box set. All movies have full meta-data, bookmarks and scenes. Not bad considering they were release just 2 days ago....

Now if they would just get the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition bookmarked!!!

Ive been watching bits and pieces of the movies and my goodness do they look good. Whats crazy is they really do now look like they go together. This is from a more revealing format, and I would have guessed a lower resolution format would have been better to make the movies look unified. Instead they look and sounds fantastic. And it seems they addressed the issue with the lower level of the music for the Death Star Attack that plagued the DVD release.

I read a review where it was pointed out the video suffers from a lot of DNR and overly soft looking faces. Whats interesting is the aliens don't seem to suffer, its the humans- is this something that maybe was done for the theater so the CGI aliens would less out of place? I don't think the video looks that bad- I think it looks pretty darn good actually though there are a few places where its not perfect.

I'm not a fan of the cover art. Anyone have custom blu-ray covers for each of the 6 films that you are willing to share?

Thanks to Dave Dlittle for Kscape BluRay Bars and bartlettphoto at BluRay Forum for cover art. I was able to put these together today.

Attachments

• sw1ot.jpg
    sw1ot.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 38
  • sw5ot.jpg
    sw5ot.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 35
Here are the first three.

Attachments

• sw1ot.jpg
    sw1ot.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 18
  • sw2ot.jpg
    sw2ot.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 12
  • sw3ot.jpg
    sw3ot.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 12
And the other three.

Attachments

• sw4ot.jpg
    sw4ot.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 14
  • sw5ot.jpg
    sw5ot.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 13
  • sw6ot.jpg
    sw6ot.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 14
Now if they would just get the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition bookmarked!!!

I just noticed that I now have scenes for Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Blu-ray. I have no idea how long I have had them.

John

Back