• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Star Wars 5/4 sale history

tinboski

Hey gang, just wondering if anyone remembers what the 9 movie sale was last year for Star Wars day? I sold my Skywalker saga 4k disc set to replace on Kscape... just wondering if its gone under the current content sale price? KK

Was kind of hoping for the individual films to come in at nearer the $9.99 mark so I am kind of debating waiting for something like Black Friday.

$79.99 for 9 films seems like a good deal but I just can't bring myself to pay for 6 films that I will never watch let alone even download.

The individual films were $9.99 in 2021 (May 4 & December 28) & 2022 (May 3). Since then the lowest they have gone is $14.99.

Hah! I’ve bought the Star Wars films at least ten times now. I don’t think you’re getting a better deal on them on K than $80.

I already bought the saga but picked up the two stories movies today. I’m fine with it. Especially since with the K versions you can define scenes and make scripts. I’ve been having fun with that aspect, just watching my favorite scenes instead of sitting down to watch whole movies. And the Star Wars movies are great for individual scenes.

Some how I have 'Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith' in my wish list probably for ratings of video or audio. If I buy just this movie, do I lose context and and only better to watch in series to understand/enjoy or just this movie can be watched stand alone. Thanks.

To preserve both context and story quality, I’d suggest you watch them in release order, starting with the original trilogy: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. Then the prequel trilogy, and if your eyes aren’t bleeding yet, the sequel trilogy!

How is 4k quality for video/audio on kscape? I am not fan of grainy. Hoping new one at least have better quality.

For the original trilogy they look great for their time, I have scenes from them in a couple of my K scripts. The versions you're seeing on K or anywhere are the 1997 Special Editions, which were heavily reprocessed and had mediocre slapstick CGI scenes added. You're actually better off with the community-driven 4K77 files, restored scans of the original 35mm prints, without anything added, preserving the original consistent oscar-winning vision, but yes with grain. The Prequels were shot in HD digital, so not grainy, but not sharp either. And the dialogue is awful, it breaks the clever storytelling. The Sequels look very good. But storywise are simply a reboot without a planned arc. They at least have decent dialogue, but at that point, it's too late.

This is the least amount of text I can write about Star Wars and still cover the essentials.

For the original trilogy they look great for their time, I have scenes from them in a couple of my K scripts. The versions you're seeing on K or anywhere are the 1997 Special Editions, which were heavily reprocessed and had mediocre slapstick CGI scenes added. You're actually better off with the community-driven 4K77 files, restored scans of the original 35mm prints, without anything added, preserving the original consistent oscar-winning vision, but yes with grain. The Prequels were shot in HD digital, so not grainy, but not sharp either. And the dialogue is awful, it breaks the clever storytelling. The Sequels look very good. But storywise are simply a reboot without a planned arc. They at least have decent dialogue, but at that point, it's too late.

This is the least amount of text I can write about Star Wars and still cover the essentials.
Edgar, Thanks for taking time to reply. That clears. Recently, it is challenging to pick movies some for quality but not good as movie and others are good quality but movie itself not good.

To preserve both context and story quality, I’d suggest you watch them in release order, starting with the original trilogy: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. Then the prequel trilogy, and if your eyes aren’t bleeding yet, the sequel trilogy!

If I were able to actually sit and watch all, I'd be watching in a modified machete order. I should create a script with key scenes from each film in this order....

IV: Star Wars
V: Empire Strikes Back
Solo
II: Attack of the Clones
III: Revenge of the Sith
Rogue One
VI: Return of the Jedi
VII: Force Awakens
VIII: Last Jedi
IX: Rise of Skywalker

If I were able to actually sit and watch all, I'd be watching in a modified machete order. I should create a script with key scenes from each film in this order....

IV: Star Wars
V: Empire Strikes Back
Solo
II: Attack of the Clones
III: Revenge of the Sith
Rogue One
VI: Return of the Jedi
VII: Force Awakens
VIII: Last Jedi
IX: Rise of Skywalker
Thanks. I guess I after V. Looking forward to the script.

I marathoned it both ways (plus the two animated Clone Wars seasons) after 3 came out and would recommend running chronological order if you are new to the series, and release order if you aren't. Eyes never bled, but they were both LONG days.

Back