• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Star Wars 4K HDR

JerryL

I notice Disney + has all the Star Wars movies in 4K HDR- does anyone know when we might see these movies available on the K store? I imagine Disney wants to keep them exclusive to Disney + for some time, but surely, the K store is a relatively smaller audience so I wonder if there's a possibility we might see them some time soon?

Damn. That'll be like the 5th time I've bought Star Wars (VHS, laser disc, DVD, Blu-Ray)

Just one of each? I think I had at least 2 laserdisc versions, maybe more!

Just one of each? I think I had at least 2 laserdisc versions, maybe more!

Those two versions are the only laserdiscs I have left. The original three movies are framed in our theater and the boxed special edition is sitting in the closet. But no more player. I just loved those THX intros from those discs...

2 words: Despecialized Edition

But I feel like it can't be much that much longer until Disney releases the original theatrical editions now that they own Fox (who held the distribution rights to Ep IV). There is a lot of demand for the originals and Disney could cash in on this by pulling them out of the 'vault' in the form of a $149 Skywalker commemorative edition super deluxe box set.

Thank you for the video. I watched it. I also watched some of the Disney + and compared it to HD on my system and while it is a little bit clearer on Disney +, it is not night and day. I would request/ advise/ Disney to make new transfers for the 4K discs that are supposedly coming. I don't know if thats feasible since I think many of the CGI effects were done at 2K.

Back