• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Star Trek Movies!

WOOHOO! While I already posted about it in another thread, this franchise deserves its own thread for sure. Again, let me say...WOOHOO!

Maybe I'm just getting greedy now, but it sure would swell if they released all of the seasons of every ST series so I can really feel complete. Haha.

The Wrath of Khan is incredible. I whined about the cost as this is the 5th time I have purchased this title.... Totally worth it.

I am in the process of copying scenes on Paramount movies from BR discs that were marked by K. I don’t know how long this will take but once I have them I will share with the forum.

John

I am in the process of copying scenes on Paramount movies from BR discs that were marked by K. I don’t know how long this will take but once I have them I will share with the forum.

John

Nice! Thanks! That would be most helpful. :)

No sure where to post this but since this thread is on Star Trek, I will start here. I've had my first issue with my strato and Terra tonight. We were unable to watch Star Trek (2009) tonight due to many freezes and audio drops. I deleted and re-downloaded the movie while we watched Life. Which worked perfectly.

On the second viewing Star Trek did the same thing, Video freeze and audio drops at the same spot. Anyone with this issue? I will call Kscape tomorrow to see if they can troubleshoot. Thanks,.

4K version. But that is a good point. I will download the hD version to test. Kscape is trying to replicate on their side and will let me know next steps.

4K version. But that is a good point. I will download the hD version to test. Kscape is trying to replicate on their side and will let me know next steps.

Watched all three in 4K without any issues. Had downloaded them on day one.

Thanks. Maybe it’s my terra server.
Does it do that with other 4K movies or just this one? When I was getting random audio/video dropouts on UHD content, it ends up I needed to swap HDMI cables. The ones that come with the Stratos are pretty bomber, but I was using a longer cable (like 30'). Switching to a different one resolved all my dropout issues. Gotta love HDMI!

Good point but I’m using the same quality hdmi cable as with my strato. I’m not having any issue with movies on the strato but just started with the terra. Maybe just a bad drive.

Back