• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Speed Upgrade from Store

Mr. Integration

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Has anyone else noticed a dramatic increase in the download speed of the store today? I typically get around 100 MEG and today I am between 200 and 300. Movies are downloading in about 20 minutes
AF1QipO5Hkx-zV_6Asce5pZhVqp5ovCQBGAjrId01fxJ

Last edited:
Yes. Just tested. With a 250Mbps connection I was getting an average speed of 35 to 50Mbps, I am now downloading between 85.5Mbps and 107Mbps.

I literally logged on to this forum today to see if there was some update to the store. Good lord so much better - I'm getting 245Mbps now. Full HDR movie in 30 minutes. Awesome. Good job K!

That's excellent. That really helps make the downloading more tenable for folks that would buy into K, but not afford massive Terra servers (like me). To be able to select a movie and be watching it within 30 minutes is a huge benefit vs. hours.

Seems even here in Europe the store speed upgrade has arrived but still no where near the speeds reported above. For me it is up from an average of 25Mbs to 110Mbs when downloading to my Premier line server but not tested on my Strato so will be interesting to see if the newer components fair better. Service is fibre to the house and 600 / 600Mbs contract.

HDR download just finished to one of my Strato players at 140Mbs and in 59 minutes so real improvements compared to before where it was generally slower than to my Premier servers on the same network (14Mbs to 22Mbs).

Last edited:
I've seen download speeds approaching 400Mbps on my Strato. I have a 1 gig FiOS connection at home. I do not, however have a Terra server.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My last few downloads have hit speeds in the 600-700 Mbps range. Overall, my sustained download speeds have been just shy of 400 Mbps.

Whatever K did recently I am at 175 mbs...

1 hour for 4k HDR movie...

29 minutes for HD movie...

Awesome...

Hi All

Since updated software over last month I am getting more than 500 Mbps consistently on Terra server . I have cox gigabit internet . Downloaded Die Hard 4k and HD today . Both downloads started simultaneously and I got download speeds of 610 Mbps on Terra server and 110 Mbps on 3U server downloading 4K and HD version respectively at same time !!!!
So combined speed of 720 Mbps

Attachments

• 527C2ACE-4A84-4053-9B95-41882DA720D1.jpg
    527C2ACE-4A84-4053-9B95-41882DA720D1.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 21
  • F46401B0-1A58-4E85-B269-2819FC4725F2.jpg
    F46401B0-1A58-4E85-B269-2819FC4725F2.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 16
That’s some amazing download speeds...
I am 175 mbps and I think mine is fast...
To download a movie in 16 minutes is awesome...

Hi All

Since updated software over last month I am getting more than 500 Mbps consistently on Terra server . I have cox gigabit internet . Downloaded Die Hard 4k and HD today . Both downloads started simultaneously and I got download speeds of 610 Mbps on Terra server and 110 Mbps on 3U server downloading 4K and HD version respectively at same time !!!!
So combined speed of 720 Mbps

That is bonkers! We are rapidly approaching "instant" gratification when we purchase a movie.

I've seen download speeds approaching 400Mbps on my Strato. I have a 1 gig FiOS connection at home. I do not, however have a Terra server.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I subscribe to that service too however Im not seeing those speeds. I've gone from 70 to 140s. Improved yes but not at your level

Yeah I’m getting speed well north of 400. Last 4K HDR movie took 17 minutes. Goodness....

Back