• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Speed Reader Setup

katzha

i am a new Kscape owner, although I have been following the product (and this forum) for some years. I am having difficulty importing on a Speed Reader. The Web page setup looks correct, the server, player, and reader are all in the same group, and I can PING all of the compnonents. But when I try to start an import from the reader, I immediately receive an Unexpected Server Error message. I can import with the Movie Player without difficulty.

Any suggestions?

Hadrian
katzha@monad.org

Did you buy the Speed Reader or is it on loan from your dealer? It's possible that the drive controller card and/or drive cables have become unseated. This can manifest itself as an "Unexpected Internal Server Error" when the system attempts to operate the tray of one of the drives.

Is your server connected to the internet? If so, every one of those unexpected errors you encountered was logged and uploaded to Kaleidescape's log servers. If you contact Technical Support, they will be able to examine the logs of your server to help you diagnose the problem.

What version of KEAOS is running on your server?
Is the Speed Reader on the same subnet as the rest of your equipment?
How many routers/switches are between the server and the Speed Reader?
Are there any firewalls between the Speed Reader and the server?

Hope this was helpful.

Last edited:
Back