• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

SPAM PRIVATE MESSAGES

iansilv

I thought I would post this here for greatest visibility because it is likely a dangerous phishing scam, but I just got a private message about some memory game stuff- I would not click the link if I were you. I certainly did not.

Thanks for posting this info. Hopefully everyone will see it. I know Josh has been dealing with a lot (as in hundreds) of spamming type emails and fake attempts at registering on the forum within the past two weeks. Perhaps this is related.

Jim

Yes... I just deleted that member ("memoryshot") and removed all the PM's he sent to everyone.
Sorry for this...

As you may have noticed by the huge list of "members active in last 48 hours" thing at the bottom of the forum page, I've been battling a huge attack of spammer registrations... over 800 in the past week.

I have previously allowed new members who are NOT yet validated to send PMs, even though they can't post. I figured Posting was the main way they'd get spam out there, but they seem to have figured out that they can automate sending spam via PMs even before I let them into the forum.

I'll probably turn that option off for new members who aren't yet validated to cut down on this problem.

In meantime, please let me know the identity of anyone who sends spam PMs to you or posts somewhere on the board in case I've missed it.

I'm spending a huge amount of time on this... so I may soon move to not allowing ANY new members to register until they email one of the moderators and explain their interest in joining. That's something I've not wanted to do, but may have to.

--josh

I've changed it now so new users who haven't yet been validated (by emailing me their interest in joining the board) can no longer send any PMs. This makes it tougher for new legitimate users who sometimes PM me their info rather than emailing it, but the spambots have figured out this loophole and are exploiting it here.

Sorry for the extra hassle this will cause legitimate users wishing to join... <sigh>
--josh

I agree about requiring new members to explain their interest- this is a pretty small group of people who want to discuss all things K.

I thought that was a whole lot of activity, but seemed possible since it happened right on the iPad app announcement.

Back