• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Sound Drops with slight pop

HTF

We were watching the Return of the King tonight and had to stop. The sound continually would drop very low and have a slight click in the speakers. This is across all channels (which encompasses 3 different amps). Anyone see an issue like this before? This is the third movie we have watched on the new strato... but it didn't happen on the first two films. Its not subtle. Its a significant drop in volume. Thanks for any advice.

If you have the patience, try watching the same scene a few times and see if the problem always happens at the same exact moments. If it does, there may be an issue with the content, but if the behavior is intermittent (it happens at random times) there may an issues with something In the environment (network, audio processing, etc). If you go this route, you can at least start to rule things out.

Also, if you can provide a time stamp in the movie when you started to hear the problem, others can check and see if the problem happens for them as well. Was it the 4K HDR version or HD? Extended or theatrical release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What audio processor are you running? Not related, but remember a friend who lost their subs during pellonar fields 😩

Hi - some additional info: K-scape runs into an Acurus Act4. Sitting behind that is a Starke Sound A8, Starke Sound A7, and a Sinbosen FP10000Q. I was unable to reproduce the drops with other sources... but I was able to make them go away (at least temporarily) by pausing, rewinding a bit, restarting. It took us two sessions to finish the 4k Atmos Extended Edition of Return of the King but the issue was there both days. This evening I was able to get it to stop after the FF/Pause fiddling. I will report back after trying another movie in a couple of days. Lets hope it was something associated with the specific media file. It doesn't seem to be related to processor or cabling to me at this point. I am curious as to what others think.

Your Strato is HDMI out directly into the Acurus?

HDMI is a pain. I'd double check (unplug & replug) both ends. Also, try using HDMI inputs 8, 7, or 6 on the Acurus.

Which HDMI out are you using?

- Garrett

Back