• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Sony "4K" UHD download store, anyone using it yet?

:)Not sure that 500 is available yet, but if not, it will be soon. In addition to my DPI Titan Ref in my main theatre, I also have the Sony VW1000ES 4K PJ and their 84" 4K flat panel. The 84" will be getting an HDMI upgrade when I return to my FL house next week, and this will allow it to use the new FMP-X1 that is required to get the 4K downloads you mentioned. Sony recently announced they will also be upgrading the VW1000ES to make it compatible with the 4K download service. Those upgrades should start soon as well.

The 84" came with a 4K media server (Dell) that had 4K content pre-loaded, including 11 movies, and I'm expecting the download service to be of the same quality, which for the most part is superb. (For us 84" owner's Sony is swapping out the FMP-X1 for the Dell Server free of any charges. The downside is we do not get Lawrence of Arabia 4K on the X1, and we have that on the Dell. No choice here, Sony owns the Dell and we signed a document acknowledging a "lease" arrangement for the Dell when we bought the 84" that allows Sony to take it back at their discretion.)

I do plan to download some of the available 4K movies to use on the larger screens, but these will be in addition to the BR version that I will also keep available in my K system (needed for other display's in the house). I will comment further on the 4K download service in the coming weeks as I gain access.

(Sorry for the "extra" content not asked for in your question, but others may read this post and find the info helpful. (or maybe not)

Jim

Back