• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: Software upgrade to kOS 10.7.0-21018 today

Mark H

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Anybody seen an issue with this upgrade?

I had an M700 disk vault & player paired with one of my Strato players and prior to the upgrade all worked as it should do but following the upgrade the M700 still thinks it is paired according to the control tab on the Premier component browser tab interface but is now not shown as a player in the Strato browser interface anymore so it can't be paired as before with the Strato.

Ticket raised but wondered if it was me?

I have a Strato/Terra system and a 3U system. Two players are “paired“ with Strato players using Co-Star switches. When looking on the Browser interface for Terra/Strato system I see all on the Encore components along with a note that the 3U server is paired with it. It does not list any of the Premiere components. It has always been Like this. To see the Premiere players and adjust the settings, you have to go thtough the Premiere browser.

John

@JohnJ I believe that @Mark H has a M700 connected/paired with his Strato directly and not through a Premiere system. The vault must have been connected using the “Disc Servers” tab at the Encore interface. I guess the problem is there?

Following the upgrade, the server pairing works fine. I don’t have any vaults connected to my Encore system sorry I can’t be of help with this one.

Kostas

Nope, the M700 vault has never been connected using the “Disc Servers” tab on the Encore system as it is and always has been a Premier system component and player. It was always paired via the drop down menu to the Encore Lounge player and a costar switch which following the upgrade is no longer available as seen in the screen grab belowStrato Pair.jpg

Thanks. Strange...
I assume you have rebooted everything?

Same here. With this update, I lost my M700 linked to Strato co-star.

Glad I am not alone ;)
Ticket passed to engineering so let's hope a fix is coming very soon.

My apologies for letting this bug out. We're currently working on a fix.

A fix for this issue has started rolling out. Affected systems should update over the next few hours as they check in for updates.

Update received and all now resolved, player is once more paired correctly.

Thanks team at Kaleidescape (y)

My M700 and Co-Star are working again. Thank you.

Curious, the 4K HDR automatic collection is gone. The other automatic collections New, Paused, Scenes and Songs are still showing.

Curious, the 4K HDR automatic collection is gone. The other automatic collections New, Paused, Scenes and Songs are still showing.

Yes. That one's not my fault (i.e. it's not a bug). The 4K automatic collection was removed intentionally.

It's not the same as having a auto-populated collection but you can go to the movie list, scroll to the right and sort the list on media quality if you want to see all of your HDR and UHD content together.

Yes. That one's not my fault (i.e. it's not a bug). The 4K automatic collection was removed intentionally.

It's not the same as having a auto-populated collection but you can go to the movie list, scroll to the right and sort the list on media quality if you want to see all of your HDR and UHD content together.

This is interesting. When I initially added 4K, I would use this collection all the time. But as my collection grew, I used it less and less and now I mostly never use it.

John

Back