• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Software update 3.3.5

TivoSloth

I noticed a software update a couple of days ago. Other than changing the color of the selector on the movie cover mosaic from gold to grey and setting the correct server time ahead for new daylight saving time period, are there any other changes of note?

I noticed a software update a couple of days ago. Other than changing the color of the selector on the movie cover mosaic from gold to grey and setting the correct server time ahead for new daylight saving time period, are there any other changes of note?

Yes, you are now able to search the Music libraries from an SATP (Stand Alone Touch Panel) using filtering similar to the OSD. Also, the new "Hot Spare Disk Cartridge" support feature for the 3U Server is implemented with this KEAOS version.
(You already mentioned the updated Daylight Savings Time rules, which was also implemented.)

Jim

Yes, you are now able to search the Music libraries from an SATP (Stand Alone Touch Panel) using filtering similar to the OSD.

Jim, this obviously requires an update to the Crestron/AMX module in the house program? I have had the beta version for a while now and am embarassed to say that I have been too damn busy to test it.

Thanks! the last time the update seemed to find me a few weeks after everyone else so is there anything I can do to speed up the process or is it simply that the Kaleidescape main computer out there will get to me when it feels like it?

Is the SATP a new protocol for touchpanels? I think the music system is good but I wish it were setup a little more like the movie system. And using it on the touch panels is definitely part of that. It seems much slower to respond than the movie system (music specific pages). Would this speed things up?

best regards,
Jerry

Jim, this obviously requires an update to the Crestron/AMX module in the house program? I have had the beta version for a while now and am embarassed to say that I have been too damn busy to test it.

Yes. The new templates for the Crestron and AMX modules are available (as usual) from K (in Control Systems).

Jim

Thanks! the last time the update seemed to find me a few weeks after everyone else so is there anything I can do to speed up the process or is it simply that the Kaleidescape main computer out there will get to me when it feels like it?

Is the SATP a new protocol for touchpanels? I think the music system is good but I wish it were setup a little more like the movie system. And using it on the touch panels is definitely part of that. It seems much slower to respond than the movie system (music specific pages). Would this speed things up?

best regards,
Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Yes, the updates are conducted sequentially (don't really know the criteria) and not all at the same time. Eventually, it will reach you:) .

K's description is as follows:

"Music libraries may now be searched from an SATP using a filtering scheme similar to the On Screen Display (OSD). Previously, the album list could only be scrolled up or down to search for music. Crestron and AMX modules and templates with support for music searching are available for download from" (k's site).

"Kaleidescape offers two methods for entering search strings: full keypad (QWERTY) and Predictive Text. Predictive text templates are ideal for smaller touchpanels with limited viewing area. Buttons on a predictive text template are arranged similar to a cell phone, with multiple characters assigned to a single button. You do not need to press a button multiple times to select a desired letter. Similar to a cell phone's behavior with predictive text, the Kaleidescape System will search within your music library for all possible meanings of a particular button sequence."

Hope that explains what has been implemented.

Jim

Hey- my system updated this morning! Thank you oh gracious K mothership for the software code bounty :)

best regards,
Jerry

Gotta love it!

Back