• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Slow Download Speeds

steelman1991

Hi

Anyone witnessed 'crawling' download speeds over the last few days.

My last completed download just took 11 hours to download (Regular speeds anything from an hour and a half to 5 hours (dependant on size).

Just curious if a 'global' issue - or my system.

Support aren't giving anything up on the problem lol - basically saying nothing wrong at their end

Glad to know it's not just me - spent ages troubleshooting.

You reported this mate?

I’m currently downloading Shape of Water and getting 198mbps so no problems here. That’s probably the fastest I’ve ever gotten.

Geez no wonder I'm not getting anything - you're getting all the bandwidth lol.

Downloads on 2 titles have now failed twice - frustrating!!!!!

Also seeing download failures on one of my systems last week for the first time and still occurring this week.

Speed, can't comment as this system with the download failures is on a 6Mbs max connection (3rd world UK).

On my other system 300 Mbs fibre to the house I never get more than 35 Mbs from the store so yes strange things seem to be happening in 'the ether' as Shape of water in HDR took 8 hours to download as against the normal 4.5 hours early for an HDR movie.

Last edited:
Also seeing download failures on one of my systems last week for the first time and still occurring this week.

Speed, can't comment as this system with the download failures is on a 6Mbs max connection (3rd world UK).

On my other system 300 Mbs fibre to the house I never get more than 35 Mbs from the store so yes strange things seem to be happening in 'the ether' as Shape of water in HDR took 8 hours to download as against the normal 4.5 hours early for an HDR movie.

You reported this to Support? They seem to have gone dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep and they checked my server and found no problem also said no problem their end.

I just downloaded a movie at 92Mbps -which is my normal speed.

John

Download failures continuing at least here in the UK for me and I don't believe I am alone.

Store downloads appear to be provided from a variety of hosting services here in Europe based upon the logs I can see on my router where several ip addresses are accessing my 3U server on a variety of ports.

Something has changed in how downloads are supplied in the last week as previously there were no issues and I do hope K are looking into this but so far no updates despite logging the issue with technical support.

My downloads (to a 3U) in the past have consistently come in around 80-90 Mbps. But today, "The Last Jedi" is crawling along at 31 Mbps. Speedtest.net shows that whatever the trouble is, it isn't with the connection to my ISP.

I think the issue Mark and I were experiencing has been resolved. Not to say that it isn't becoming a problem again, but I'd be more inclined to think that K's servers are being hammered given the release - and that size 129 GB lol for a bluray quality (though I appreciate there's a fair amount of special features and deleted scenes). Wish there was an option to download movie title only - never ever watch special features.

Same here. Must be high demand for The Last Jedi.

John

Wish there was an option to download movie title only - never ever watch special features.

In this case, you can. The movie and the supplements are queued as separate downloads. So if it's not too late, you can always cancel the download for the supplement material.

In this case, you can. The movie and the supplements are queued as separate downloads. So if it's not too late, you can always cancel the download for the supplement material.

My bad.... of course there is - thanks for the reminder Croptop. Been so long since I downloaded a title with separate supplemental material, I forgot that they offered that option.

Same here, must be star wars and lone survivor.

MIKE i always wake up at 3am to watch my tuesday releases as early as possible about 3:30 am.

With the daylight savings time can you guys please forward your release clock so I can continue my ritual. BTW for 3 years I have had the neighbors bed headrest across the back wall behind me, that is how i have perfected dynamic range and bass attenuation control for my condos scheduled Neighbor annoyance management based crestron time dependent presets for variable dynamics and bass extension. So these systems will only play ref plus 7 on afternoons, but with rotary woofers to 2hz.:D

DXu6Dt4X4AA7pno.jpg

DXu6FYoW4AMF1jm.jpg

DXu6JTXXcAAdZNa.jpg

DXu6LgyX4AAsGOZ.jpg

DXs9g8dW4AIotMf.jpg

DX3lwXFWsAAi5Ga.jpg

DX3mAO8W0AAk1ZB.jpg

DX3mEyZW4AADje3.jpg

DUyK8nVX0AAkzE5.jpg

The superior hdmi clocking of the strato delivers full discrete mid bass concussive signal to all speakers as they go down to 40hz, plus we are adding 8 directional crdioid subs in all the columns, only kaleidescape can deliver this type of concussive directional fidelity, sony, samsung, panasonic and oppo, are thin as fvck in these most enjoyable delivery of all bass frequencies, cause you get whacked on your torso and head from every which way. The number 2 reason a home cinema without kaleidescape is crap. But you have to have full bandwidth speakers ya fools! never cross surrounds above 40. Upgrade and see.

The number one reason you are dead in the water without a strato of course is scripts of the most engulfing atmos and neural-x scenes with HDR, that will keep the first time visitor at the edge of their seats for 3 hours while revelling in the California Home Cinema Of The Future , the first Samsung the wall Installation to be revealed at CEDIA 18, across the street atop the omni.

Last edited:
The one movie that I download supplements as i never care for them, but i'd like to know which Lelia shots are real and which are CGI. What a cliffhanger.

Back