• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Side Loading Content on Strato and Terra

ddetton

A friend told me that there is a way to “side load” video content onto a Strato or Terra outside of Downloading from the kstore. Is there a way to do this that is blessed by kscape? Yes, but not blessed by kscape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There is no method to do that "blessed" by K, and to my knowledge no way to do that not blessed by K, so until someone can show me that directly, I'm calling BS on the assertion (by your friend). :)

Jim

If you really are referring to sideloading then I have no idea why someone would buy extremely expensive K hardware for that. There's plenty of other good alternatives out there where you can add whatever you want.

K does offer some services to "pre-load" legitimate store content for you so that you don't have to download it from the store.

Unless someone calls replicating between servers as “sideloading”….

John

Unless someone calls replicating between servers as “sideloading”….

John

Good point, maybe I'm misunderstanding his question (I assumed he was referring to copying discs, or content from another non-K server (Plex, etc.).

Jim

There's also the practice of loading a custom "My Home Theater" intro/trailer type file to play before movies. Used to be a feature in the system but has since been removed.

Plus, isn't/wasn't there some option for those looking to go all-Encore where K would load home-movie type content into a private enclave in the store for that user only?

There's also the practice of loading a custom "My Home Theater" intro/trailer type file to play before movies. Used to be a feature in the system but has since been removed.
I do wish this option would come back. I’d really like Nicole Kidman to welcome me to my home theater instead of having to go out for it.

There was ultraviolet once, you could buy a movie and stick the UV code into KS and it would import the movie. Maybe means that

Pretty sure the OP is referring to the Marine version, where K will download your movies to a set of drives and then ship that out to you, so you can pop them in the Terra server before the ship leaves port.

Sorry for not being clear in the OP. This is what my question is about. A friend told me that this could still be done on Strato and Terra systems but Rusty in Kscape support said not in the Strato/Terra line. Just wanted to know if there is a way to do this that may not be blessed by Kscape.

Back