• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Sicario UV question

philg5140

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Never saw this one before. Sicario is a UV title (I bought on Vudu) but it is not listed as UV on K store. Any thoughts ? Thanks!

I bought Sicario on the K store and it shows as an UV purchase from both Vudu and cinema now. I know Vudu was having all sorts of end of year sales, maybe it didn't include an UV license. Can you see the uv purchase when you log in to an other service?

Btw, great movie!

Hi and thanks for the reply !

I just remembers I bought a UV code online. The movie shows up in my vudu and flixster accounts but not on K....

If I go to the k store it doesn't show sicario as being UV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased this through the K store and am still waiting for it to show up on Vudu. It has now been over a week. If it didn't show up by tomorrow I will check with K and see what is happening.

John

I purchased this through the K store and am still waiting for it to show up on Vudu. It has now been over a week. If it didn't show up by tomorrow I will check with K and see what is happening.

John

Just following up with you to see if you found out anything. I also bought from the K Store, but it still doesn't show as being UV, though VUDU does show it as UV.

BTW, really good movie. The resolution of the story somehow isn't satisfying in a conventional movie way, but probably more like real life.

I emailed support earlier today, haven't heard back yet. Will post when i do....

I haven't heard back but I did just look at the store and Sicario is UV now. I'm downloading now.

Just got a response that the problem with Sicario has been fixed. I verified that it is now available for me on Vudu.

John

I just emailed again, 24 hours later and Sicario still in my downloads. Anybody else have luck downloading it?

I just emailed again, 24 hours later and Sicario still in my downloads. Anybody else have luck downloading it?

I purchased on the 24th and downloaded with no problems. What I had a problem with was the title showing up on Vudu. I check with K on Monday and got a response back yesterday confirming that they did have an issue with uv rights. They thought they had fixed it and wanted me to confirm that my issue was fixed - which it was.

I had thought you were having the same issue only in reverse (purchased on Vudu) and not showing up as a free download. Is this the case or have you actually tried to download and it won't? If the latter, check to make sure that downloads have not been paused (happened to me once and I continue to avow that I never paused it - but no one believes me...).

John

I believe you John......:D

I also purchased from the Store, also have the not showing on Vudu issue, but should be resolved soon.

Jim

Jim believes John, no one believes Phil :(.

Yes, i have your problem in reverse, bought in vudu( actually redeemed code) but it never showed as UV in K so I wasn't able to download it. Now it shows as UV but when I go to download it sits in downloads. Hope I said that correctly.

Thanks again,

Phil

I don't think it was really ever a "problem", just the way new releases are rolled out in stages. I bought Sicario UV on Vudu when it was released a couple weeks back. The Scicario copy on the K-store only became available as UV this Tuesday, the same day the movie became available as a rental on the other streaming services. New releases will be made available as UV for purchase only initially, then after 2 weeks (not exactly sure what the length is) they become available for rental and UV purchases made elsewhere will port to your K-store collection.

K's exact words to me were - "There was previously a potential problem...."

There was something off with the Sicario release that should now be fixed.

John

Interesting. When I called K initially about that specific title, as I'm new to the UV library side of things, they said there was no issue and that it simply wasn't a UV D2D authorized release. I'm guessing that I was one of the early calls in to tech support, before they put 2 and 2 together and saw the problem.

Mine is also in the collection now. Must be fixed.

Jim

Back