• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Shrinking a Premiere System

Kicker

Now that I've done the analysis of how much I can move to the Strato/Terra world, I have some amount of content that would only be accessible in Premiere and I'd likely want to retain that. I also see a disc vault in the Strato user interface - I thought that never came to fruition?

CURRENT
M300 - House
M700 - Theater (Costar to Strato)
Strato - Theater (Costar to M700)
D700
3x 1U servers

So if I bring in another Strato C and 40TB Terra preloaded with everything I own in the store, I definitely don't need everything in the Premiere system anymore.

Questions...

1) How does shrinking work?
2) Do 1U servers redistribute somehow if I have enough free space?
3) Does the D700 have any use with Strato based on that function I see in the GUI? Or is that only there because of the co-star to link GUIs together?

If your reference to shrinking means consolidating content in your servers, it's a manual process. You delete unwanted content from each server, then Replicate remaining content into the Server you plan to keep.

The 1U does not automatically redistribute content. If you create space in a server by deleting content, that space will be used during some future import or download.

If you went through the process to setup the Strato to work a Vault for physical disc playback, it would playback DVD's (but not BR).

Jim

Thanks for the details. Is this process for replicating between servers something an end user can initiate or is it using functions only available to dealers?

You can do it yourself although you will have to log a request with K Support to have it enabled if the option 'to replicate from this server' isn't shown on the settings and then components page on the browser page for your server.

Back