• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Show Ratings on Device in UIs

TrackZ

Looking through my downloaded content on my Strato, I'm not seeing the Rotten Tomatoes nor the Common Sense Media ratings on the content summary screen. I really like how these are shown throughout other areas of K interfaces, and would like them on-screen for downloaded content.

Would also be nice if the audio codecs were listed in that summary screen too.

Thanks for the suggestion. We are looking at adding those scores to the details displayed for movies downloaded to your system, so that they'll display the same way they appear when you're browsing the movie store.

The addition of the audio codecs is perhaps less likely, because it's not something that most users look at once they've bought a movie. You can always start the movie playing and then check the Audio tab of the Playback Options view. Obviously that's several extra steps, though.

The addition of the audio codecs is perhaps less likely, because it's not something that most users look at once they've bought a movie. You can always start the movie playing and then check the Audio tab of the Playback Options view. Obviously that's several extra steps, though.

I think there is a use case for quickly checking audio codecs to verify if you have the latest audio version in cases where there is a later upgrade to the audio. Of course, some type of automated notification would be even better.

Thanks for the suggestion. We are looking at adding those scores to the details displayed for movies downloaded to your system, so that they'll display the same way they appear when you're browsing the movie store.

Before playback, I always like to know the video and audio I expect to experience. I then verify I'm getting the right results by checking the info data on my projector and preamp. In today's AV world with so many connections, formats, and settings, I like the peace of mind of verifying what I'm watching and hearing is what I'm supposed to.

TrackZ, your use case is actually really amenable to the existing UI. Since you have to have the media playing to check that your preamp is correctly decoding the audio, it's just two quick button presses (Info, right arrow) to get to the Audio tab and display what the player is outputting.

Back