• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Sharing Strato/Alto between two rooms

House72

Hello All

I currently have a media room that houses JVC NX7 Projector, Lyngdorf MP60, Alto, Strato, Co Star and DV 700 and a Control 4 hub.

I am upgrading my living room set up and ordered 77 inch LG OLED TV and a Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar and SVS Sub 2000 Pro with wireless link. I plan to tuck my Apple TV and Bluesound Node 2i using this solution from Sanus behind TV. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sanus-streaming-media-panel-for-most-tvs-black/5463300.p?skuId=5463300

I originally thought of just getting a Strato C and also placing it behind the TV and only run Cat 6 or 7 cable from my equipment room. One straight disadvantage I have with this, I will use the ability to play movies on my DV 700. I also feel will have space run out behind the tv. My wife is clear about not having a media console below TV to house any equipment.

I was looking to see if I can have any kind of switch from HdFury that can help me share the system in the media room. We never intend to run movie at the media room and Living Room at the same time.

If I can share the system, please let me know what my options are.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Raj

Splitting the HDMI signal is the easy part. I would recommend a quality splitter like an Atlona that is rated for 4K HDR at 18gbs.

The hard part is getting a high quality image to the OLED TV. Personally I would stay away from HD-BaseT extenders over CAT6 cable for that great 77 inch OLED. The baluns all use some form of compression to get the signal to the TV, but can get a good picture at 9gbs on 4K HDR 24hz.

The best results would be using a fiber HDMI cable between the splitter and the OLED. I like Inneos over fiber because you can potentially upgrade the fiber to 8k in the future. I have used this cable with LG 77 GX OLED and it is the same performance as a short HDMI cable with no sync issues.

Splitting the HDMI signal is the easy part. I would recommend a quality splitter like an Atlona that is rated for 4K HDR at 18gbs.

The hard part is getting a high quality image to the OLED TV. Personally I would stay away from HD-BaseT extenders over CAT6 cable for that great 77 inch OLED. The baluns all use some form of compression to get the signal to the TV, but can get a good picture at 9gbs on 4K HDR 24hz.

The best results would be using a fiber HDMI cable between the splitter and the OLED. I like Inneos over fiber because you can potentially upgrade the fiber to 8k in the future. I have used this cable with LG 77 GX OLED and it is the same performance as a short HDMI cable with no sync issues.

Thanks. Can you recommend any atlona? I am using rupiro fiber optic.

Before spending on the Atlona, you might try the Lyndorf Zone 2 HDMI. I have not used this PreAmp but might work until you get a splitter.

Before spending on the Atlona, you might try the Lyndorf Zone 2 HDMI. I have not used this PreAmp but might work until you get a splitter.

I was not sure if output 2 carries both Audio and Video. I see with altona it can only do 4K for a 15 feet run. I may have to research if they have a model that will do longer run.

I think the distance is usually more an issue of the cables than the switch itself (short of a pure optic/fiber setup.) Beyond that, you are hoping "visually lossless" over HDBaseT is more than marketing (although the OPUS claims to go up-to 18Gbps.)

As for recommendations, I had been considering the Atlona #AT-HDR-H2H-88MA (particularly for the integrated audio decoupling,) but went with the SIIG #CE-H23X11-S1. Definitely not as polished, but it has performed well since going into service over the summer. You may have different options depending on just how many in/outs you want to be able to run through it.

Thanks again for the options and opinion on cables.

Currently All I need is one input from Co Star to this unit and two outputs (one to Lyngdorf and second to Ambeo Soundbar).

In future I may add one more output to my master bedroom where the current Samsung 4K may be replaced with UST projector or another OLED. So all in all just need 1 input and 3 outputs at the most.

Cheers

Raj

I was not sure if output 2 carries both Audio and Video. I see with altona it can only do 4K for a 15 feet run. I may have to research if they have a model that will do longer run.
I would not worry about the 15 feet rating. It is for traditional copper and not fiber hdmi. Recommend testing the fiber cable between rooms before putting it in the wall.

Atlona has a 1x4 too.

I would not worry about the 15 feet rating. It is for traditional copper and not fiber hdmi. Recommend testing the fiber cable between rooms before putting it in the wall.

Atlona has a 1x4 too.
Thank you. I already placed order for 1X4. Thanks again. I will report back after 10th when everything will be installed.

I am using an Atlona AT-HDR-H2H-44MA from a Strato to 4k HDR displays and fiber cables up to 20 feet and I have to limit the Strato bandwidth to 13.5 Gbps otherwise the video is unstable: if I connect the Strato direct to the main display, it is stable at 18 Gbps setting
so I would be interested to learn of results with the RON unit, which was released in 2017

I am using an Atlona AT-HDR-H2H-44MA from a Strato to 4k HDR displays and fiber cables up to 20 feet and I have to limit the Strato bandwidth to 13.5 Gbps otherwise the video is unstable: if I connect the Strato direct to the main display, it is stable at 18 Gbps setting
so I would be interested to learn of results with the RON unit, which was released in 2017
I got a response from Atlona support saying that as long as we use fiber it should be good even for 100 feet. I will post next week after trying it.

I got a response from Atlona support saying that as long as we use fiber it should be good even for 100 feet. I will post next week after trying it.
I bought the RON 444 unit and happy to report stable operation with Strato set to full bandwidth

Hello All

I tested RON 444 and its working well. I tested it before we fish wires next Saturday through the wall and finish installation. I do have one issue. When I turn the system in the living room it automatically turns on my Lyngdorf MP 60 and JVC NX7 projector as well in the media room. Is there anything I can do in the settings of RON 444 to disable that or is it something to be handled from JVC side.

Cheers

Raj

Sounds like CEC (HDMI) control.
I still have this issue. When ever i start K activity in my living room JVC projector in my Media Room Turns on. In the media room I checked Lyngdorf and CEC is turned off there.

On my JVC NX-7 projector there is no CEC setting at all. I am at loss for words. I would appreciate if any one has any feedback.

Cheers

I still have this issue. When ever i start K activity in my living room JVC projector in my Media Room Turns on. In the media room I checked Lyngdorf and CEC is turned off there.

On my JVC NX-7 projector there is no CEC setting at all. I am at loss for words. I would appreciate if any one has any feedback.

Cheers
You mention a Control4 hub in your first post. My guess is that your Control4 is programmed to turn on the Media Room when the Strato starts to play or turned on. Check your Control4 programming for the Strato.

Back