• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Setting up a new Strato

bdo21

I have bought a Strato (new to me but secondhand). Over the next month or two, I am going to install it in my rack and pair it with my M700 there to feed a projector in a new cinema room. A Lumagen will do the co-star functionality.

Until the cinema room is ready, I wanted to temporarily use the Strato in another room. I have activated it to my account and thought I would just download the 4K movies I own from the store (given the HD movies can be played from the Premiere system once it is paired). However, I cannot see an option to only download 4K movies in the Strato settings.

Any suggestions on how to configure this? Or is the temporary use not paired to Premiere a problem?

Thank you!

I believe that until they are actually paired on the unit, you won't get the download options for a paired system.

Best bet is to queue everything up and then go to downloads and remove all the HD versions.

You can look at all your movies in the Store and filter by "UHD or better" and then click on "Download All" in the top corner. Assuming you have registered the Strato to your existing Store account, this will allow you to download all your purchased 4K content to the Strato.

Back