• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

SELLERS: Please Change IP Address After Sale

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
To all Seller's:

Many owner's use Static (fixed) IP addresses for their components. Some may not even know this if they had an installer set up their system. It would be very helpful to go into the component setup section of the web utility and reset the IP address back to DHCP prior to taking the component out of your system, and prior to shipping a sold component to the Buyer. This allows the Buyer to easily integrate the component into their system.

For those that do not know, the process is easy to accomplish.

Using the Web Utility (User Interface with the Home Page) (my-kaleidescape)

1. Select "Settings"
2. Select "Components"
3. Select "Settings" for the relevant component (Server/Player "Settings")
4. Select "Network"
5. Select the button that says "Obtain IP Configuration automatically using DHCP."
6. Select "OK" at bottom.

You may have to restart the component as well, but this procedure will reset the component back to DHCP mode.

Thanks for reading.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, knowledge base article k000037 was what did it for me (though k000027 was mentioned as well). As an aside, this is a great resource (the forum) perhaps some of this info could be compiled into an thread with links?

As a general rule and networking best practice, BTW, always try to provide devices that need to be stationary on your network with a DHCP reservation in the router, and not use a static address in the device. Make sure the reservation is OUTSIDE the DHCP pool, or course. It would help to alleviate this problem mentioned in the OP, as a benefit. It would also help to avoid potential IP conflicts, because only one thing (the router) designates an address, as opposed to two things (device and router) both trying to establish that address.

Good advice, thanks for posting!

Jim

There is a fix at the end of this thread..

www.kscapeowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1510
The link to the fix doesn't seem to work anymore so here is how I fixed it when I came across this issue (some IT knowledge required):
  • Downloaded Wireshark : www.wireshark.org
  • Assigned a fix ip address to the network card in my laptop (for instance 192.168.0.2)
  • Connected my laptop with an ethernet cable directly to the network port of the 3U server
  • Disabled my WiFi adapter so that there would be less noise in my Wireshark trace
  • Select your ethernet adapter in Wireshark and start a trace. There should be little or no traffic
  • Power on the server and wait for some traffic to appear.
  • When the server is fully booted stop the wireshark trace
  • In Wireshark look at the source and filter out your own pc by right clicking on entries with the ip address you set on your laptop (right click entry: apply as filter --> not selected)
  • After this I fairly quickly found the server which broadcasts its address during boot. It will show up even when it is set do a different subnet than your laptop

Once I had the ip address I could setup the ip on my laptop in the same range and connect to the server.

Yes, my apology for that, but when we moved to this new Forum provider some of those links apparently did not port over. Thanks Johan for posting your method. Here is a copy of the information from K's Knowledge Center that is the subject of the missing link.

HOW DO I CONFIGURE NETWORK SETTINGS FROM THE SERIAL PORT OF A PREMIERE SYSTEM COMPONENT?
This article applies to Premiere system components only.
If the IP address of a Premiere system component cannot be determined, and you need to reset the IP address via serial connection, connect the RS-232 port of the component to a standard DB-9 serial port of a computer with a DB-9 serial cable. Use a straight-through cable for players and a crossover cable for servers. Next, configure a serial-capable terminal emulator (e.g. HyperTerm or PuTTY) to 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit (8N1), and no flow control. For a player or disc vault, set the speed to 19,200 bps and for a server set it to 115,200 bps.
Now execute the following commands (followed by [ENTER]) in the terminal emulator to view or set the network settings:
To get the device's current network settings:
01/1/GET_NETWORK_SETTINGS:
To set a device to DHCP:
01/1/SET_NETWORK_SETTINGS:0::::::
To set a device to a static address, in this case IP address 192.168.1.222, Subnet Mask of 255.255.255.0, Gateway of 192.168.1.1 and primary and secondary DNS of 4.2.2.2 and 192.168.1.2 respectively:
01/1/SET_NETWORK_SETTINGS:1:192.168.1.222:255.255.255.0:192.168.1.1:4.2.2.2:192.168.1.2:
Once you have changed a component's IP address, reboot it for the changes to take effect.

NOTE: The M300 Player, and the out-of-production 1080p Mini Player do not have a serial port.

Jim

I just primed a Strato 6TB for sale and I did the deactivate account and then erase all contents and settings options, which seemed pretty easy to do and should get all the settings including IP back to default state.

That's the way to do it, and obviously the IP can be confirmed quickly before disconnecting from the system. When that hasn't been done, you need one of the procedures mentioned above to obtain the hidden fixed IP so you can reach the main page and modify the IP.

Jim

Back