• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Secure connection message

mootang

I get this periodically when trying to play a movie....I can see the movie store, the tiles, etc in the Starto system but when selecting a movie to play, nothing occurs and the screen goes blank

I'd check the usual: (Things that can affect proper EDID info between source and display.)

TV compatibility (4K/HDR)
TV settings (some displays have an HDMI Enhanced setting to deal with 4k/HDR, etc.)
HDMI cables (4K/HDR bandwidth capable)
LAN components (switches, etc, although possible, these are not normally the problem.)

IMO, we continue to roll out new technology in this industry at a very fast pace, and unfortunately a lot of the support components and related software struggles to keep up. As soon as they fix the issues early adopters experience, a new format emerges, and the process starts over again.

Jim

The number of continental issues I have with drop outs and niggles is really starting tomorrow make me question this entire investment. Whether it be "noise" between amps, hdmi bandwidth, Lumagen sensitivity, order of power on and shut down, stuttering on BR playback through the vault - usually at the same time in regardless of disc - and the best one; HDMI handshakes. My family have given up using the "cinema room" :-(

I can't even get it to work flawlessly. I'm now off the thinking that the better the system, the harder it is to stabilise. Outside of cost, I'm not surprised a lot of this is niche. Very depressing really because when it works, it is simply phenomenonal

I just let the entire system reset/sleep and turned off the receiver, tv, etc. it happens periodically and all the components are compatible.......usually occurs if the tv/receiver is on the cable box for the majority of the day, then I try to switch over to the Kscape....notably after having somewhat recently downloaded a new movie.

Strato, connected to a Marantz 8805 via HDMI into ‘Media Player’ input, with single HDMI video out to Samsung Q6f. I can see the movie store and other pages just fine, it’s when switching over from Cable/Sat (xfinity x1) and selecting to play a 4k movie. I imagine It has to be in the transition from broadcast HD (cable) to 4K, and gives the cannot establish secure connection message.
Anyway, it’s a bit frustrating to deal with periodically, but I turn the entire system off and let the Strato go back into sleep mode. Then I turn everything back on direct to the Media Player input and it generally works.

That's a great point (@SJHT). In my system, we turn on the Strato players first. If we don't do that we get the Black screen. I'm not a fan of the energy saving feature that puts the Strato in deep sleep because it doesn't always wake up when first pinged by my control system, and when it doesn't I either have to manually turn On the Stratos or recycle the control system.

Jim

Strato, connected to a Marantz 8805 via HDMI into ‘Media Player’ input, with single HDMI video out to Samsung Q6f. I can see the movie store and other pages just fine, it’s when switching over from Cable/Sat (xfinity x1) and selecting to play a 4k movie. I imagine It has to be in the transition from broadcast HD (cable) to 4K, and gives the cannot establish secure connection message.
Anyway, it’s a bit frustrating to deal with periodically, but I turn the entire system off and let the Strato go back into sleep mode. Then I turn everything back on direct to the Media Player input and it generally works.

Do you have a Lumagen? You mentioned this in your first post. Maybe a different zone in your house. SJ

No Lumagen. Just selecting ‘Media Player’ on Marantz remote after watching Cab/Sat. Tonight happened again.....black screen on TV. I see the Kscape screen, movie times, everything. Select a movie to play, albeit they are all 4K on the Strato and it won’t play and get the ‘cannot establish secure connection’

I would suggest going into the Strato browser Settings—>Video tab—>Show Video capabilities & status —> View HDMI EDID and see what it says when this happens.

John

I'd suggest that you contact our support team and get their help investigating the issue. What you're seeing is definitely not normal behavior, and may indicate a connection problem between the Strato and your other components, or possibly an interoperability issue with one of the other components.

I saw this message for the first time with my Strato(costar)/Sony A9F/Marantz 8805 in our family room zone. Was there any change that could cause this from the latest firmware? Got the movie to eventually play but will check a few more to see if it is an issue. SJ

Rehashing this item now that we have a Sony 885es projector hooked up, albeit for only a few days now. have watched a few movies, but I am starting to get the black Screen And now red screen. I got it last night and hit the reset. I always try to ‘wake up’ the Strato/Terra system first before selecting the Input on the receiver or turning on. With a house full of guests, very Disappointing that I can’t simply switch from watching 1 input selection and engage this unit. The chain is Strato to Marantz 8805 to Sony 885es.

Back